Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I quit job while pending AOS with currently F-1 status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I quit job while pending AOS with currently F-1 status?

Hello all:

I'm currently on F-1 OPT 17-month STEM Extension which ends in October 2016. My husband and I already filed forms I-130, I-485 and I-765(new EAD card). We have a joint sponsor and did not use our income to qualify. We have received form I-797 notice of action for each form, so my AOS case is in process.

My husband and I want to start a business together. My question is:
    Can I quit my job at any time and start a business with my husband without being out of status or affecting our AOS case?

Thank you in advance for you time.

Originally posted by Jamara View Post
    Hello all:

I'm currently on F-1 OPT 17-month STEM Extension which ends in October 2016. My husband and I already filed forms I-130, I-485 and I-765(new EAD card). We have a joint sponsor and did not use our income to qualify. We have received form I-797 notice of action for each form, so my AOS case is in process.

My husband and I want to start a business together. My question is:
    Can I quit my job at any time and start a business with my husband without being out of status or affecting our AOS case?

Thank you in advance for you time.
    since u already submitted ur application and it is process u wouldn't be out of status. at this point u can do whatever u want.

Comment

Other questions are:

Can I still work after my EAD card expired in October 2016, even though my AOS papers are in process and im waiting for my new EAD card?

Will it look bad in our interview if we are both not working but have money saved to start our business?
      Last edited by Jamara; 07-29-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamara View Post
        Can I still work after my EAD card expired in October 2016, even though my AOS papers are in process and im waiting for my new EAD card?

Will it look bad in our interview if we are both not working but have money saved to start our business?
        u will get work permit 3 months after the application is received, uscis will overlook if u worked a couple weeks or months past ur current EAD expiration date. yes it will be a problem for immigration if both of u stop working because of form i864. maybe if u can show IO that u have enough money in ur bank account to support u until ur business takes off then it wouldn't be a problem. to be on the safe side i would work until after the interview because u have to submit proof of employment or write a letter explaining why u r not employed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X