Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-485 Processing time, priority date and Visa Bulletin

Dear All,
    I am a bit confused, I filed my i-140 (under EB2) on Jun 21, 2016 concurrently with i-485 along with I-765 and I-131.
    Now, On June 24, 2016, My i-140 got approved and I was given Jan 10, 2016 priority date.
    on July 23, 2016 I was sent my EAD and the advanced parole with one year validity.
    So basically I have i-485 pending. on June 17, 2016 my fingerprint was taken and I was notified that my case was filed properly. Visa Bulletin for July showed a current status for EB2, August on the other hand shows now 01 FEB 14.
    Now where does my petition belong, is it going to be processed according to June, July or August?
    I was told by lawyer is that for cases such like mine, Visa Numbers are already reserved or issued.
    Thanks

Originally posted by Ahmad Morsi Abu Maizar View Post
    Dear All,
    I am a bit confused, I filed my i-140 (under EB2) on Jun 21, 2016 concurrently with i-485 along with I-765 and I-131.
    Now, On June 24, 2016, My i-140 got approved and I was given Jan 10, 2016 priority date.
    on July 23, 2016 I was sent my EAD and the advanced parole with one year validity.
    So basically I have i-485 pending. on June 17, 2016 my fingerprint was taken and I was notified that my case was filed properly. Visa Bulletin for July showed a current status for EB2, August on the other hand shows now 01 FEB 14.
    Now where does my petition belong, is it going to be processed according to June, July or August?
    I was told by lawyer is that for cases such like mine, Visa Numbers are already reserved or issued.
    Thanks
    If you based your I-485 on marriage and your Spouse/Sponsor filed the the petition for for immediate famil/relative I-130 then your attorney is correct. For immediate family/relative NVC has unlimited Visa numbers and processing time is avg 87 days for AOS.

Comment

i-485 Processing time, priority date and Visa Bulletin

Thanks for your reply, Actually I m applying through a sponsor but it's not marriage based,
      I forgot to mention that I applied using premium processing too.
      So what's the approximate processing time for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad Morsi Abu Maizar View Post
        Thanks for your reply, Actually I m applying through a sponsor but it's not marriage based,
        I forgot to mention that I applied using premium processing too.
        So what's the approximate processing time for me?
        Since this is no longer a family based petition review your I-485 Priority date as of now you will need to review the NVC Bulletin as to when your visa will be given based on priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Embryo View Post
          Dear All,
          Thanks

I assume that you meant your priority date to be JUNE 10, 2016....Your case will be processed according to your priority date which is JUNE 10, 2016. What you are experiencing is what they call retrogression. Your I-485 case will only be processed when your PD becomes current on the visa bulletin. What that means is that, right now they are working on applications that were sent before 01FEB14. So you have to wait until your priority date is reached ie June 10, 2106.

As with EB2 visa, I do not think you will get an interview so all you have to do is wait until the day they will send you the GC in the mail. Depending with how quickly they work on EB2 cases and the availability of visa numbers, it may take you months to x yrs before you get your physical GC. Looks like there is a 2.5yrs backlog for EB2 cases.

Right now, you just have to stay with your employer until your GC comes through.

my best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X