Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial evidence request

Hello,
    Please help me with the initial evidence request for my I-485's I-864 Affidavit of support.

1.) Page4 , Sponsor's Hoursehold size: Stupid me left line 8 House hold size blank. What should I put down?
    My husband is my sponsor and he has one sibling as dependent. Since I am his spouse and is already counted as "1" under on line 1, do I put in "0" for line 3 his spouse?
    If yes , then it will be "1" for me, "1" for my husband", "1" for his dependent sibling, "3" is the house hold size, does it make sense?
    Please advise

2.) My husband makes over $69k for this year and that's what we put on page 5 , annual income, and his 2015 individual tax return AGI is $64k (we married this year so 2015 return is him as Single) , We have already sent in 2015 tax return together with all the W2s at the original submission of form I-864.
    I believe that is enough income to meet the poverty guideline income for household of 3. But the request of evidence is saying the income does not meet 125% of poverty guideline. My guess is because I left the Page 4 Sponsor's household size line 8 blank, and thus there is no way for USCIS to determine the income requirement, and thus this becomes an issue.
    If I send in the correct household size , do you believe it will automatically solve question#2?
    If not, should we send in bank statements? Bank statements since Jan 2016 are all joint account between me and him, would that be an issue?

Please help!

Rfe

Originally posted by yurikoalice View Post
    Hello,
    Please help me with the initial evidence request for my I-485's I-864 Affidavit of support.

1.) Page4 , Sponsor's Hoursehold size: Stupid me left line 8 House hold size blank. What should I put down?
    My husband is my sponsor and he has one sibling as dependent. Since I am his spouse and is already counted as "1" under on line 1, do I put in "0" for line 3 his spouse?
    If yes , then it will be "1" for me, "1" for my husband", "1" for his dependent sibling, "3" is the house hold size, does it make sense?
    Please advise

2.) My husband makes over $69k for this year and that's what we put on page 5 , annual income, and his 2015 individual tax return AGI is $64k (we married this year so 2015 return is him as Single) , We have already sent in 2015 tax return together with all the W2s at the original submission of form I-864.
    I believe that is enough income to meet the poverty guideline income for household of 3. But the request of evidence is saying the income does not meet 125% of poverty guideline. My guess is because I left the Page 4 Sponsor's household size line 8 blank, and thus there is no way for USCIS to determine the income requirement, and thus this becomes an issue.
    If I send in the correct household size , do you believe it will automatically solve question#2?
    If not, should we send in bank statements? Bank statements since Jan 2016 are all joint account between me and him, would that be an issue?

Please help!

You are correct on both counts! Your Total household size is 3

Your sponsor's income is above poverty line!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X