NC filers with MSC receipt number...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC filers with MSC receipt number...

Hi, I'm new here and have been reading and following everyone's timelines and journey's. It's been a big help and sigh of relief to see I'm not the only one who is anxious to get this process over with. I havent seen many NC filer's on here.
    My filed office is in Charlotte NC and was hoping to find others from my area who are willing to share their timelines with me.

My timeline so far

June 20 2016 Petition sent filed together with I-130 I-485 I-765
    June 27 Accepted
    June 29 2016 Received Receipts in the mail
    July 29 Attended Biometrics Appointment

No updates since. I know its early for me in the process but I would love to hear other NC filer's timelines

I filed from Charlotte, NC and they seemed to take their sweet **** time on my application. I'm not sure if it was at the federal level or the local (Charlotte) level, but my case seemed to take an incredibly long time compared to others who have posted timelines.

For background, I'm a Canadian who's been in the US for about 12 years now on every type of visa that exits (F1, OPT, TN, H1B).

08/03/2015 - Applied for AOS Based on Marriage (concurrent filing I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131). Submitted to Chicago Lockbox.
    08/10/2015 - Official notice of receipt (NOA) electronically received - Priority Date
    09/03/2015 - Biometric appointment at local Charlotte USCIS Application Support Center (not the official USCIS office.)
    10/14/2015 - My EAD and Authorization to travel (I-765 and I-131) were approved.
    10/21/2015 - Received the EAD card in the mail.

12/01/2015 - Formal inquiry about case status. I hadn't heard anything on my case and my online case status was still "We received ....".
    03/18/2016 - Formal inquiry about case status again. Like in December, the answer I got was: "due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing .... "

05/23/2016 - Online case status changed to "Ready to Schedule Interview." Seemingly out of the blue.
    06/16/2016 - Received notice in the mail scheduling my interview.
    07/19/2016 - I-485 Interview
    08/03/2016 - Online status changed to "... case must be reviewed" and then "We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status" and "We ordered your new card."
    08/05/2015 - Greencard was mailed.
    08/08/2016 - Received Greencard in mail. ... and done!

One thing to note about our interview experience is that the Interviewer noted that our 2nd wedding anniversary was in two weeks, and that it would be easier for us if the application was approved after that date (to receive the 10 year green card instead of the conditional one). She said she would "lose" the application on her desk for two weeks, so that I could get the full approval (which we really, really appreciated!)

Comment

Originally posted by nicky2026 View Post
      Hi, I'm new here and have been reading and following everyone's timelines and journey's. It's been a big help and sigh of relief to see I'm not the only one who is anxious to get this process over with. I havent seen many NC filer's on here.
      My filed office is in Charlotte NC and was hoping to find others from my area who are willing to share their timelines with me.

My timeline so far

June 20 2016 Petition sent filed together with I-130 I-485 I-765
      June 27 Accepted
      June 29 2016 Received Receipts in the mail
      July 29 Attended Biometrics Appointment

No updates since. I know its early for me in the process but I would love to hear other NC filer's timelines
      I applied on 5/30 and it seems to me that it's taking forever here in charlotte. I just received my EAD card today

Here's my timeline

5/25/16 sent forms
      5/31/16 received by uscis
      6/6/16 received notice that uscis received my case
      6/10/16 received my fingerprint notice
      6/30/16 completed my fingerprints
      8/12/16 called center to let them know the 75 days is approaching
      8/15/16 case status changed to we sent your card to production.
      8/16/16 case status changed to we approved your I-765
      8/18/16 case status changed to we mailed your card.
      8/20/16 received employment authorization card in the mail.

On my i485 the status still shows 5/31/16 we received your fingerprints.

I'm. It sure why it's taking so long.

Comment

Wow

Originally posted by khaygart View Post
        I filed from Charlotte, NC and they seemed to take their sweet **** time on my application. I'm not sure if it was at the federal level or the local (Charlotte) level, but my case seemed to take an incredibly long time compared to others who have posted timelines.

For background, I'm a Canadian who's been in the US for about 12 years now on every type of visa that exits (F1, OPT, TN, H1B).

08/03/2015 - Applied for AOS Based on Marriage (concurrent filing I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131). Submitted to Chicago Lockbox.
        08/10/2015 - Official notice of receipt (NOA) electronically received - Priority Date
        09/03/2015 - Biometric appointment at local Charlotte USCIS Application Support Center (not the official USCIS office.)
        10/14/2015 - My EAD and Authorization to travel (I-765 and I-131) were approved.
        10/21/2015 - Received the EAD card in the mail.

12/01/2015 - Formal inquiry about case status. I hadn't heard anything on my case and my online case status was still "We received ....".
        03/18/2016 - Formal inquiry about case status again. Like in December, the answer I got was: "due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing .... "

05/23/2016 - Online case status changed to "Ready to Schedule Interview." Seemingly out of the blue.
        06/16/2016 - Received notice in the mail scheduling my interview.
        07/19/2016 - I-485 Interview
        08/03/2016 - Online status changed to "... case must be reviewed" and then "We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status" and "We ordered your new card."
        08/05/2015 - Greencard was mailed.
        08/08/2016 - Received Greencard in mail. ... and done!

One thing to note about our interview experience is that the Interviewer noted that our 2nd wedding anniversary was in two weeks, and that it would be easier for us if the application was approved after that date (to receive the 10 year green card instead of the conditional one). She said she would "lose" the application on her desk for two weeks, so that I could get the full approval (which we really, really appreciated!)
        I'm not sure if Im replying to this properly lol but Im really sorry you had to go through such a long wait. I wonder if it was maybe because you were so newly married!?
        I really hope I dont have to wait that long. My 75 day mark for my work card is Sept11 and nothing has updated yet on my uscis case login. How long are work cards valid? I really need my interview done before the new year as my passport is going to expire in Jan and I have to mail mine in to renew it but our lawyer told us we need to have my current passport in hand for our interview. Charlotte is still listing as 4 months processing time but it seems everyone who has to file there has taken forever That was awesome that the officer did that for you! Hoping we get someone that nice lol

Comment

Oh my

Originally posted by Carlos Martinez View Post
          I applied on 5/30 and it seems to me that it's taking forever here in charlotte. I just received my EAD card today

Here's my timeline

5/25/16 sent forms
          5/31/16 received by uscis
          6/6/16 received notice that uscis received my case
          6/10/16 received my fingerprint notice
          6/30/16 completed my fingerprints
          8/12/16 called center to let them know the 75 days is approaching
          8/15/16 case status changed to we sent your card to production.
          8/16/16 case status changed to we approved your I-765
          8/18/16 case status changed to we mailed your card.
          8/20/16 received employment authorization card in the mail.

On my i485 the status still shows 5/31/16 we received your fingerprints.

I'm. It sure why it's taking so long.

Thanks for your response and sharing your timeline with me. Im not understanding why they are taking so long. I guess we really cant go by the processing times they have posted online May I ask how long after you had your prints taken did it update online to they received your fingerprints? Mine hasnt updated any of my cases since they took my fingerprint fee which was June 27. I will be at the 3 month mark the end of Sept. It seemed things were moving quickly and first but not so much now. I hope you hear something about your interview soon. Youre right around the 4 month mark which is what their site says filing times are so hopefully you are in the home stretch!

Comment

I'm not sure if Im replying to this properly lol but Im really sorry you had to go through such a long wait. I wonder if it was maybe because you were so newly married!?
            I really hope I dont have to wait that long. My 75 day mark for my work card is Sept11 and nothing has updated yet on my uscis case login. How long are work cards valid? I really need my interview done before the new year as my passport is going to expire in Jan and I have to mail mine in to renew it but our lawyer told us we need to have my current passport in hand for our interview. Charlotte is still listing as 4 months processing time but it seems everyone who has to file there has taken forever That was awesome that the officer did that for you! Hoping we get someone that nice lol
            EAD cards are valid for a year.

Comment

I-485 with DACA

Default Charlotte, NC filer I-485 with DACA
              Hello everyone! I feel a little lonely because I haven't seen any filers going to the Charlotte, NC Local office.

* Married to usc in 2011

*I currently have DACA with active employment authorization.

* I requested advance parole and went to Amman Jordan on October 2015 to visit an ill relative.

* we filed I-130 and it was approved in 2011. My priority date is April 17 2011.

* I-485 filed in April.
              * I-485 received date on notice 4/25/2016
              * biometrics notice 5/7/16
              * biometrics appt. 5/23/16
              * on 6/3/16 "case ready to schedule for interview"
              * on 7/28 same message "ready to schedule for interview" but date changed

*still no appointment yet

My case is a bit different and I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience. I did call and ask uscis on why my "ready to be scheduled for interview" online case changed dates. Her response was that in June they had "put me in line to be scheduled" and in July I was actually in line. Which made no sense but ok.

It's almost 4 months since I filed I-485

Any encouragement is greatly appreciated. 😌

Comment

Originally posted by khaygart View Post
                EAD cards are valid for a year.
                Thanks for that info. I have to bite my tounge with my comment earlier. Charlotte is now back logged to February uggggh!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your response and sharing your timeline with me. Im not understanding why they are taking so long. I guess we really cant go by the processing times they have posted online May I ask how long after you had your prints taken did it update online to they received your fingerprints? Mine hasnt updated any of my cases since they took my fingerprint fee which was June 27. I will be at the 3 month mark the end of Sept. It seemed things were moving quickly and first but not so much now. I hope you hear something about your interview soon. Youre right around the 4 month mark which is what their site says filing times are so hopefully you are in the home stretch!
                I actually have to take back what I said earlier. I just checked with Charlotte processing times and its now showing they are back logged to February

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X