Request of evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request of evidence

I just received a request of evidence for my I-485. My husband did not meet the income requirements last year but will be this year. He makes about 25.000 + big commission. Last year he was working as a real estate agent and wrote everything off on his tax return so it turned out that he just made about 5.000 last year. I don't want to risk anything or get denied even if he meets the requirements this year, so we are asking his dad to be the joint sponsor. Is here anyone that can relate and calm me down a little? We are doing all of this without an attorney and I'm kinda freaking out. So they are asking us to send us the tax return from the most recent year again, letter of employment, I-486 and all the other stuff. I knew that this is not going to work out with his last tax return but we tried anyway. Any tips or suggestions on how to handle this situation?

Oh and something else I am worried about...
    So i am a visa overstayer and got married in February. I've been working as a cashier for about a year now and paid my taxes last year. I've talked to an attorney about me working illegally and if I will get in trouble for it. He told me that a spouse of a us citizen will get excused for unauthorized employment. Recently I was just checking up on it and someone told me that I might get in trouble because I do not have my EAD yet.
    Now I'm double worried and kinda freaked out. I just want everything to go smoothly. 😫😫😭

Rfe

Originally posted by Ronjab View Post
    I just received a request of evidence for my I-485. My husband did not meet the income requirements last year but will be this year. He makes about 25.000 + big commission. Last year he was working as a real estate agent and wrote everything off on his tax return so it turned out that he just made about 5.000 last year. I don't want to risk anything or get denied even if he meets the requirements this year, so we are asking his dad to be the joint sponsor. Is here anyone that can relate and calm me down a little? We are doing all of this without an attorney and I'm kinda freaking out. So they are asking us to send us the tax return from the most recent year again, letter of employment, I-486 and all the other stuff. I knew that this is not going to work out with his last tax return but we tried anyway. Any tips or suggestions on how to handle this situation?

So i am a visa overstayer and got married in February. I've been working as a cashier for about a year now and paid my taxes last year. I've talked to an attorney about me working illegally and if I will get in trouble for it. He told me that a spouse of a us citizen will get excused for unauthorized employment. Recently I was just checking up on it and someone told me that I might get in trouble because I do not have my EAD yet.
    Now I'm double worried and kinda freaked out. I just want everything to go smoothly. 😫😫😭
    Good evening RonJ, please understand that I am not an attorney!
    Now relax as there are several options open to you and your spouse.
    Without referencing the RFE, did you start with "Petition for Alien/Relative/Spouse" AKA I-130?
    In the RFE, did USCIS tell you what other evidence you can submit? an "Affadavit of Support" AKA I-864?
    And last, I'm putting a link here for you to visit at USCIS that explains overstay options for family of US Citizens, this may settle you down and you can see that you have options open to you.

Since March 4, 2013, certain immigrant visa applicants who are immediate relatives (spouses, children, and parents) of U.S. citizens can apply for provisional unlawful presence waivers before they

If I can be of any further help don't hesitate to leave a response here

Comment

Thank you so much for your answer and for calming me down. My I-130 is pending and yes, in the request of evidence they are asking me to submit form I-865! Thank you for the link and if you have any other tips I would be happy to hear them. Thanks a bunch ♥️

Comment

to avoid the headache i would get a joint sponsor, make sure that person makes above poverty level. ur lawyer is right u wouldn't be excused regarding working without documentation

Comment

Don't worry about your work. I overstayed too and worked for many many years, i did have my own social security number. None of these came in the interview at all. As long as you are married to a US citizen you are fine. good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X