SEVIS hit with approved I-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEVIS hit with approved I-130

I hac been trying to get my wifes green card for over 2 years now. We were married in May of 2014 and she graduated from her English program at the end of April 2014. Later in October she was put in removal proceedings.

We filed the the I-130 and I-485 together and we have the I-130 approved and the I-485 administrativly closed. We were told that there was a "hit" on her file from thr SEVIS system because she was reported as abadoning school (she wasnt, we have her graduation letter). The lawyer we were working with told us that the hit was stopping anything from happening. She said that the hit prevents the court from making any decision and that the only people who can remce the hit is the DHS headquerters in DC and "they have no obligation to remove it." She recommended getting in touch with our state senator and have him petition DHS in our behalf.

Today, my wife was at the local ICE office and talked with a case agent who told us that basically everything our lawyer said isn't true. She told us we would need to file a "Motion to advance on thr grounds of an approved I-130." I tried doing some research on tye topic but keep fijd info about a motion to terminate.

We are planning to switch lawerys for several other reasons but this new information has me questioning if our lawyer may have actully hurt us. So what is the correct course of action in this situation?

Are you a us citizen

Comment

If you a us citizen you can apply for your wife even out of status student the main point is coming here legally and being inspected I'm applying for my wife aos the process is going smooth!
      If you are a green card holder it's another case
      For immigration go by the laws fill the forms and you will be alright the lawyers fees in the USA are crazy as he'll

Comment

Originally posted by Mamadou Seck View Post
        Are you a us citizen
        Yes I am.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X