Biometrics done but was told to write to NBC for name change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometrics done but was told to write to NBC for name change

Hello! So today I had my biometrics done. My appointment notice letter has my married name (we filed all the forms with my married name), and the only photo ID I have was my foreign passport with my maiden name. So I was referred to the immigration officer to verify my records. He said that I need to write to USCIS NBC to request for name change and submit my marriage certificate. I asked if the filing of Adjustment of Status isn't enough to change my name, said that the submission of AOS is different to requesting for name change. Because their record still shows my maiden name, which I used when I entered the United States. Anyway, they I still had my fingerprinting done after I spoke to him.

I thought I've done enough research, coz I didn't see a similar scenario like this. Has anyone experienced this?

Originally posted by NoticeMe View Post
    Hello! So today I had my biometrics done. My appointment notice letter has my married name (we filed all the forms with my married name), and the only photo ID I have was my foreign passport with my maiden name. So I was referred to the immigration officer to verify my records. He said that I need to write to USCIS NBC to request for name change and submit my marriage certificate. I asked if the filing of Adjustment of Status isn't enough to change my name, said that the submission of AOS is different to requesting for name change. Because their record still shows my maiden name, which I used when I entered the United States. Anyway, they I still had my fingerprinting done after I spoke to him.

I thought I've done enough research, coz I didn't see a similar scenario like this. Has anyone experienced this?
    You should not have to worry. If all your forms are filed in your married name that is the name your work card and green card should come in. I had the same issue as all my papers here... bank accounts lease ect. are in my maiden name and I want my gc in my married name. Our lawyer said as long as our forms are filled out in my married name thats how the card will come. My bio appointment letter was in my married name but was told to bring my passport to the appointment. At the appointment they had to go to a supervisor to verify my identity cuz I didnt bring my marriage certificate and my passport has my maiden name on it. They didnt tell me to write the nbc because as our lawyer said the name change will appear on gc because forms were filed under my married name.

Did you look when they took your prints at what name they punched in the computer screen for you? If they put in your married name then youre not to worry because that is what name they have for you in the system

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X