Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS requesting initial evidence on form I-864A

Hey Everyone,

I am an Australian and have applied for my greencard as i recently married an amazing American citizen through the K1 visa, but i received a letter from the USCIS requesting initial evidence on form I-864A.

(We had to use my husband's father as a co-sponsor as my husband's income came just under the threshold)

I have attached the letter below -

Click image for larger version

Name:	uscis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	591875

We are just a little confused as to why they are asking us to prove that my husband and his dad are related?? They both have the same last name and his father is listed on my husbands birth certificate that we sent in also.
    And we were also under the impression (correct me if i am wrong) that the co-sponsor does not have to live at the same address to sponsor me, so why would they want proof of that also?

I will be calling the USCIS also but just thought i would ask the questions on here too because sometimes its a little hard to get through to the right department at the offices!

Thanks for reading

Originally posted by aimie1 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I am an Australian and have applied for my greencard as i recently married an amazing American citizen through the K1 visa, but i received a letter from the USCIS requesting initial evidence on form I-864A.

(We had to use my husband's father as a co-sponsor as my husband's income came just under the threshold)

I have attached the letter below -

[ATTACH]620[/ATTACH]

We are just a little confused as to why they are asking us to prove that my husband and his dad are related?? They both have the same last name and his father is listed on my husbands birth certificate that we sent in also.
    And we were also under the impression (correct me if i am wrong) that the co-sponsor does not have to live at the same address to sponsor me, so why would they want proof of that also?

I will be calling the USCIS also but just thought i would ask the questions on here too because sometimes its a little hard to get through to the right department at the offices!

Thanks for reading
    Is there any way you could enlarge thr RFE?

Comment

oh sure sorry about that!
      Hopefully this one is better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	uscis.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	590586

Comment

Rfe

Originally posted by aimie1 View Post
        oh sure sorry about that!
        Hopefully this one is better?

[ATTACH]622[/ATTACH]
        The RFE is requesting further evidence that you live with your spouse.
        The evidence your spouse submitted to USCIS is inconclusive on the I-864 due to the fact that his filed 1099's do not show you as a dependant and therefore you do not share a domicile?
        Did your spouse file for Petition for immediate family I-130?
        Because USCIS is asking for evidence that you are married.
        Last edited by Adrian Gruber; 09-28-2016, 08:53 PM. Reason: I-130

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X