Case Status on AOS petition and 90 day EAD/Advance parole processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Status on AOS petition and 90 day EAD/Advance parole processing

Hello everyone. I know this is a long read, but it is as detailed as possible and I need some advice. Thanks in advance.

07/01 Documents mailed
    07/05 Documents received by USCIS
    07/08 money order cashed; finger print fee received
    07/11 email and text message notices received
    07/27 online case status profile was updated and showed that I131 notice was returned because the Post office couldn't deliver it (which was very unusual)
    08/01 Called USCIS customer care to inquire, was assigned two case numbers. They asked for my new address but I informed them that I didn't change addresses and provided them with my P.O. Box address, which they confirmed I could use instead.
    08/02 online case status profile was updated and showed that I765 notice was returned because the Post office couldn't deliver it.
    08/03 online case status profile was updated and showed that I130 notice was returned because the Post office couldn't deliver it.

Online status for the i485 enquiry with case number showed that it was assigned to an officer on 08/03 but I was never responded to or processed, while the other case number was never even assigned.

08/12 online case status profile was updated and showed that I485 notice was returned because the Post office couldn't deliver it. (This was a part of the others. It was never resent, it just updated really late)

08/23 I made a follow up call and was immediately shut down by the agent, telling me to wait my appointed 30 days.

09/01 received biometrics notice in the PO Box address provided.

09/06 went for and completed biometrics.
    I assumed the notices were being sent since I received my biometrics, so I just kept waiting.

09/26 called customer service again, explained the situation, agent asked for address, I told him it was the same as old one, and gave it to him anyways. He asked for previous case numbers and I was assigned another case number anyways for the i485.
    Asked about the status of EAD since it was day 83 from my priority date. Agent told me I shouldn't have a priority date for my case and the 90 day processing EAD/advanced parole processing time did not apply to me. I tried to make him understand that my case was family based AOS through marriage but he told me I was misinformed. I thanked him and ended the phonecall.

09/27 called customer service again to speak with another agent. She apologised on behalf of the agent the previous day and told me I was due to be processed for an EAD since day 75, it was day 84 and I had not even been processed. She made an enquiry and gave me another case confirmation number for my EAD card and told me it would be assigned and processed immediately. I thanked her and ended the conversation.

09/29 looked up case status online. Found out that the first case number for the i130, i131 and i765 from 08/01 regarding the resending of the receipt notices had just been processed and neither of the case numbers for the i485 I received on 08/01 and 09/26 had been processed.
    It's day 87 and the i765 for my EAD has still not been assigned, responded to or processed.

My husband and I are freaking out because we had planned that I would be able to get a driver's license next week at most, and start working to help pay the bills.

What should I do? Thanks for your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X