Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to bring my wife (DS-260,I-485 equivalent) and new born baby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to bring my wife (DS-260,I-485 equivalent) and new born baby?

I have a complicate situation. I talked to a few lawyers, am still confused.

I'm a permanent resident(greencard) since 2011. I married with my wife in S.Korea and she's in progress of DS-260, equivalent of I-485 (I-485 if the applicant is present in US, DS-260 in foreign country) and waiting for an interview with US embassy.
    She's pregnant now and scheduled to give birth early November, this year.

Questions:
    1.Let's say she is given a visa after DS-260 approval around next year April. Then, how is my new born child given a visa to enter US?
    2.Is there any way my wife and baby to come to US while waiting the DS-260, like obtaining a visa for Ds-260 candidate?
    3.How long do you think it will take for her to get DS-260 approval to enter US? Is it better for me to apply for citizenship or wait with current application?
    4. If I obtain my citizenship, how do I switch my wife's process, should I start all over again?

I'm sorry giving multiple questions, but can't find anywhere to ask, it seems even lawyers getting confused with my case, not receiving any answer after giving him my question.

This is the summary of current status of my wife.

My status: permanent resident (Greencard)
    My wife's PD: 7/23/2015
    Current Visa bulletin cutoff date for family base: Dec 11,2014
    We'll have a baby: 11/10/2016

Thank you in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X