Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help please! Rfe (i-864)

Good day,

I am new to this forum and I need help urgently. My husband filed I-130 & I-485 concurrently along with I-693 in October. But I received a RFE and I am sad.
    He filled out the form without the help of a lawyer. This is what USCIS said in the RFE.

1. Form I-864 was submitted; however Page 3, Part 4 of the petitioner Form I-864 list someone other than the petioner or Page 3, Part 4 is blank. Submit a signed I-864 for petitioner listed on I-130. Even if a joint sponsor will not be used. And also provide petitioner most recent income tax returns and all supporting tax documents.

2. Form I-864 was submitted from joint sponsor; however the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same. Submit completed signed form I-864 from a joint sponsor. Provide income tax returns and all supporting tax documents.

The RFE was sent in my name and when I reviewed the form I saw the errors. Page 3, Part 4 was blank. Part 7. Use for Spplemental Income- he filled it out, which he shouldn't have, he should have skipped to Part 8. Because we are not using a joint sponsor.

There was other errors I noticed. But can we make the correction and just only submit form I-864 for him along with the request documents?

We had previously submitted 3 years of tax returns and w 2s. But now the RFE said most recent. Would that be for 2015 only?

How do I write the cover letter when submitting the new I-864?

I await a urgent response. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by Blessed1 View Post
    Good day,

I am new to this forum and I need help urgently. My husband filed I-130 & I-485 concurrently along with I-693 in October. But I received a RFE and I am sad.
    He filled out the form without the help of a lawyer. This is what USCIS said in the RFE.

1. Form I-864 was submitted; however Page 3, Part 4 of the petitioner Form I-864 list someone other than the petioner or Page 3, Part 4 is blank. Submit a signed I-864 for petitioner listed on I-130. Even if a joint sponsor will not be used. And also provide petitioner most recent income tax returns and all supporting tax documents.

2. Form I-864 was submitted from joint sponsor; however the names listed on Page 1 and Page 3 are not the same. Submit completed signed form I-864 from a joint sponsor. Provide income tax returns and all supporting tax documents.

The RFE was sent in my name and when I reviewed the form I saw the errors. Page 3, Part 4 was blank. Part 7. Use for Spplemental Income- he filled it out, which he shouldn't have, he should have skipped to Part 8. Because we are not using a joint sponsor.

There was other errors I noticed. But can we make the correction and just only submit form I-864 for him along with the request documents?

We had previously submitted 3 years of tax returns and w 2s. But now the RFE said most recent. Would that be for 2015 only?

How do I write the cover letter when submitting the new I-864?

I await a urgent response. Thank you in advance.
    Good afternoon, are you able to provide an image of the RFE document so we may see what USCIS requires of you?

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
      Good afternoon, are you able to provide an image of the RFE document so we may see what USCIS requires of you?
      Goodnight Adrian Gruber,

Thanks for responding. I have attached an image of the document.

They also ask for Form 2555 I have no clue why.

Awaiting your response .

Thanks much
      Attached Files

Comment

Rfe i-864

Good afternoon Blessed.
        First off it needs to be said that I'm not an attorney so I can only respond to what I have entered on my I-864 and respond specifically to your RFE.

I'm guessing that you re the sponsor and your husband is the beneficiary.
        On Pg. 3 Part 4 "Information about you the sponsor" You must enter your full name.
        USCIS is asking asking for your income tax return for 2015, your 1099, your w-2 and any other tax return documents.
        (I submitted 3 years of tax returns)

Since you are using a co-sponsor your co-sponsor should enter on page 1 Part 1 His/her name.
        Part 1.D.Check the box "I am the only joint sponsor"
        On page 4 "Sponsor's full name" he/she must enter their name
        Part 4 "sponsors physical adddress" 4.a
        Your co-sponsor needs to include their latest 2015 tax returns.

Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X