Filing I-485: Birth certificate issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing I-485: Birth certificate issues

I am preparing to file for I-485 for myself and my wife. There are two issues with my wife's birth certificate.

My wife has a different first name on her birth certificate. Her first name is "Priyanka", but on the birth certificate her name is "Priti". Also, her father's name has some customary variation in his middle name. His first and last name are correct.

Also, on my birth certificate, only my first name is written in the name field. Will this cause any problem?

Please, advice. Suggestions to avoid an RFE situation will be a great help.

Maybe you should email an attorney some of them answer some questions for free or call the USCIS...
    I think you case is very specific

Comment

Thanks for your advice, leilasouthcarolina!

Does USCIS advise on such issues?

I will be happy to chat with lawyers. Do you know any lawyer who can guide?

Other members are also welcome to suggest!!

Comment

Originally posted by passion4science View Post
        I am preparing to file for I-485 for myself and my wife. There are two issues with my wife's birth certificate.

My wife has a different first name on her birth certificate. Her first name is "Priyanka", but on the birth certificate her name is "Priti". Also, her father's name has some customary variation in his middle name. His first and last name are correct.

Also, on my birth certificate, only my first name is written in the name field. Will this cause any problem?

Please, advice. Suggestions to avoid an RFE situation will be a great help.

Did you get any updates on this issue? My b/c is missing one letter.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X