Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP regarding on I-693 in NYC

Dear all,

I am applying for AOS through marriage. My husband and I filed and submitted all forms in Jun 2016, and our field office is NYC.

After countless days of waiting, we just got our interview notification, which will be the first week of Jan, 2017, even though my online status still shows that RFE has been received by USCIS.

In my interview notification package, there is a request from USCIS, which is quite confusing. It is about I-693 we submitted. The message says:

"You submitted an I-693 in support of your I-485. As of June 1, 2014, USCIS has limited the validity period for all Forms I-693 to one year from the date of submission to USCIS. Based on these new regulations, you I-693 has expired. Please bring the attached I-693 to your interview."

However, the fact is that I did my exam at the end of May 2016, right before my submission to USCIS, which means that it is supposed to expire in May 2017. I called USCIS, and they suggest us to make an info pass since this might be a mistake. But there is no info pass available during these days in NYC. Has anyone encountered the similar issue?

I have a copy of the I-693 i submitted, would you suggest I bring it to the interview? or I should go to the doctor and have him to fill out another one for me?

I appreciate your help on this!

Happy Holiday everyone!

Originally posted by xuzab View Post
    Dear all,

I am applying for AOS through marriage. My husband and I filed and submitted all forms in Jun 2016, and our field office is NYC.

After countless days of waiting, we just got our interview notification, which will be the first week of Jan, 2017, even though my online status still shows that RFE has been received by USCIS.

In my interview notification package, there is a request from USCIS, which is quite confusing. It is about I-693 we submitted. The message says:

"You submitted an I-693 in support of your I-485. As of June 1, 2014, USCIS has limited the validity period for all Forms I-693 to one year from the date of submission to USCIS. Based on these new regulations, you I-693 has expired. Please bring the attached I-693 to your interview."

However, the fact is that I did my exam at the end of May 2016, right before my submission to USCIS, which means that it is supposed to expire in May 2017. I called USCIS, and they suggest us to make an info pass since this might be a mistake. But there is no info pass available during these days in NYC. Has anyone encountered the similar issue?

I have a copy of the I-693 i submitted, would you suggest I bring it to the interview? or I should go to the doctor and have him to fill out another one for me?

I appreciate your help on this!

Happy Holiday everyone!
    I suggest bring your copy on the day of your interview. Then your idea of having your doctor give you another sealed copy because they are still valid until May 2017, and respond to your RFE by sending that sealed copy is also another option. I know some people who received RFE to update their medical exam, they responded and their GC is approved in two weeks after responding.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X