Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for interview I-485

Hi,

I mailed in all my paper work including I-485, I-130 I-765 in July 2017. Did my biometrics in September. Got my I-765 approved in September and got my EAD card. I then got a letter to submit form I-864 which I did with all the required documents in September. After that I have not heard anything. I checked my status online and it said that as of October 11th 2017 the USCIS is ready to schedule my interview and that they will send me a letter with a interview appointment. So far I have not recieved it and it still says the same thing on the page. About a month ago I send an email inquiry to the USCIS and asked they responded that my case is currently with the national benefits center and that they currently could not see my status which seamed kind of wierd. Two questions:

- Can anyone clarify what the national benefit center is and how they play a role in this process?
    - Anyone has experiences of waiting 3 months or more to get a letter for a scheduled interview?

Just want to make sure everything is on track.

Thank you for your help in advance.

/J

You need to call USCIS and let them know you have not received the letter yet. You can also schedule an appointment with infopass: https://my.uscis.gov/appointment They'll be able to help you. It may be a delay, some people have been waiting for months too, but it's always good to know instead of waiting around to only find out you're past the timeframe.

Comment

[QUOTE=fazus;475060]Hi,

- Can anyone clarify what the national benefit center is and how they play a role in this process?
      - Anyone has experiences of waiting 3 months or more to get a letter for a scheduled interview?

The "National Benefits Center" is at Summit Lee Missouri. Its the national clearing house for all immigrant applications. Your application is checked and your documents are scanned into the system. AFter everyting is checked its sent to the appropriate field office nearest to your area for futher processing and interview.

Waiting 3 months or more is normal due to the huge workload.

Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X