I-485 denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 denied

Hi, I need help. My I-485 was denied for the reason that we didn't show up for the interview. However, we received a letter that the interview was cancelled and would be re-scheduled. What should I do next? Thank you

Originally posted by mvkeyvan View Post
    Hi, I need help. My I-485 was denied for the reason that we didn't show up for the interview. However, we received a letter that the interview was cancelled and would be re-scheduled. What should I do next? Thank you
    Make an INFOPASS appointment ASAP and when you go bring all documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
      Make an INFOPASS appointment ASAP and when you go bring all documentation.
      Have you heard about something like this happening before? I am too scared to do anything now, I fear I make mistakes after mistakes.

Comment

Notice of appeal

I am not a attorney!

But these are the steps I would take:

1) Where is your nearest Field/Support center in your area
        2) Make an appointment to speak face to face with a USCIS representative
        3) once you are able to meet with an officer explain what happened ie: change of address, letter of cancellation etc.
        4) Bring all the documentation in your posession ie: USCIS cancellation of interview letter etc.

**** *UNDERSTAND YOU ARE ON A 30 DAY TIME CLOCK **** ****

You may be directed by USCIS to file "A notice/Motionof Appeal"

As I have explained USCIS allows a 30 day time period from the date of the Refusal for appeal.

So act quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
          I am not a attorney!

But these are the steps I would take:

1) Where is your nearest Field/Support center in your area
          2) Make an appointment to speak face to face with a USCIS representative
          3) once you are able to meet with an officer explain what happened ie: change of address, letter of cancellation etc.
          4) Bring all the documentation in your posession ie: USCIS cancellation of interview letter etc.

**** *UNDERSTAND YOU ARE ON A 30 DAY TIME CLOCK **** ****

You may be directed by USCIS to file "A notice/Motionof Appeal"

As I have explained USCIS allows a 30 day time period from the date of the Refusal for appeal.

So act quickly.
          Hi Mr Adrian. Hello please I want to ask how many days does it take them to send you back the application after they received it. And does the rejected application come with the notice of action? Or does it comes back? Thanks in advance. I know you might have idea

Comment

Originally posted by Adeleke Muideen Ololade View Post
            Hi Mr Adrian. Hello please I want to ask how many days does it take them to send you back the application after they received it. And does the rejected application come with the notice of action? Or does it comes back? Thanks in advance. I know you might have idea
            If your I-485 was rejected due to you missing an interview appointment you should have received a letter explaining the reason for rejection. So from the date of the letter of rejection you have 30 days to file an appeal or a motion.

The Administrative Appeals Office (AAO)
            Leadership

Ron Rosenberg is the chief of the Administrative Appeals Office.

What We Do

Petitioners and applicants for certain categories of immigration benefits may appeal a negative decision to the AAO. We conduct administrative review of those appeals to ensure consistency and accuracy in the interpretation of immigration law and policy. We generally issue “non-precedent” decisions, which apply existing law and policy to the facts of a given case. After review by the Attorney General, we may also issue “precedent” decisions to provide clear and uniform guidance to adjudicators and the public on the proper interpretation of law and policy.

Jurisdiction

Under authority that the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has delegated to USCIS, we exercise appellate jurisdiction over approximately 50 different immigration case types. Not every type of denied immigration benefit request may be appealed, and some appeals fall under the jurisdiction of the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), part of the U.S. Department of Justice. Our jurisdiction is listed by both subject matter and form number and includes the following categories:

Here is the link: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/direc...als-office-aao

Good luck.

Comment

Interview cancelled and got denied. HELP!!

Originally posted by mvkeyvan View Post
              I am on the same page like you. I received Interview Cancellation letter, therefore, i didn't show up in the interview. Now I got denial letter. What did you do? Were you able to resolve the issue?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X