Need HELP!!! K1 base I-485 RFE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need HELP!!! K1 base I-485 RFE

Hello, I filed I-485 based on k1 visa on Nov, 2016.
    And I got the Request for Initial Evidence (RFE) letter on Dec 09
    It's about the I-864 affidavit support and there are two requirements on the letter:

1. Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2, 1099s, form 2555, and all supporting tax schedules)

2. Based on the documents submitted with From I-864, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty line. Suggestions: A. submit evidence of assets; B. Obtain a joint sponsor.

Here comes the points. First, my husband is the main sponsor and since his income of 2015 doesn't meet the 125% of poverty line (but his income of 2016 does), we ask for his parents to be the joint sponsors (their income on 2015 is $50k, so it should be enough to sponsor me).
    Second, I prepare I-864 x2, I-864A x1 (for his mother), their W-2, pay stubs, statement of support, I am not sure what do we miss? their tax returns forms are all from their accountant to do tax filing, so I assume 1099s, form 2555, tax schedules are included in W-2?
    I do call the 1-800 and get to a tier2 agent, he said I need to retrieve transcripts from the IRS website, so I check the website and find that there are 4 types of transcripts can be downloaded. Which one should I send to the USCIS? Is that all I need to submit?

Anyone know any answer can share with me? Thanks!!

If you order transcripts, you need to request "tax return" transcripts.

Have an experienced person review your paperwork before respondng to the RFE.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Candice Kuok View Post
    Hello, I filed I-485 based on k1 visa on Nov, 2016.
    And I got the Request for Initial Evidence (RFE) letter on Dec 09
    It's about the I-864 affidavit support and there are two requirements on the letter:

1. Submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2, 1099s, form 2555, and all supporting tax schedules)

2. Based on the documents submitted with From I-864, the income did not meet 125% of the poverty line. Suggestions: A. submit evidence of assets; B. Obtain a joint sponsor.

Here comes the points. First, my husband is the main sponsor and since his income of 2015 doesn't meet the 125% of poverty line (but his income of 2016 does), we ask for his parents to be the joint sponsors (their income on 2015 is $50k, so it should be enough to sponsor me).
    Second, I prepare I-864 x2, I-864A x1 (for his mother), their W-2, pay stubs, statement of support, I am not sure what do we miss? their tax returns forms are all from their accountant to do tax filing, so I assume 1099s, form 2555, tax schedules are included in W-2?
    I do call the 1-800 and get to a tier2 agent, he said I need to retrieve transcripts from the IRS website, so I check the website and find that there are 4 types of transcripts can be downloaded. Which one should I send to the USCIS? Is that all I need to submit?

Anyone know any answer can share with me? Thanks!!

Comment

Hi Please help me i also have i-485 RFE.. my husband didnt file a tax 1040 last 2014 And 2013 because he's studying ...he only have w2 on 2013 and 1098-T 2014.. what should we put on the total income in i-864 part 6 three most recent years? We have a joint sponsor and its already ok

Do we still need to see a tax preparer to make my husband's 1040 2013 and 2014 even he dont have salary on those years? Thank you so muvh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X