I-130 after marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 after marriage

Hello, I recently married a US citizen in the United States. I then returned to my home country (Germany) while I get my affairs in order over here I'd like to file an immigration form.

I am now gathering some general information on how to actually immigrate to the US.

I know that my spouse has to file form I-130, however I am unsure what documents we need to include (other than the form of course) and how to pay.
    I am also not quiet sure how much proof is sufficient to show the legitimacy of our marriage. We have spent 2 weeks together this January, where we stayed at the same hotel (both of our names are on the invoice) and we have lots of pictures, but that's pretty much all I have concerning official documents of us being together. What else could I include and more importantly do I have to file these things with form I-130, or do I have to file them later on?

This is what I gathered so far:

- I-130 form
    - G-325A forms (one per person)
    - Marriage License
    - Proof of legitimacy of marriage

What else do I need?

I appreciate your help.

Lukas,

Your wife should submit the following to USCIS:

1. Latest version of form I-130 (revised was 12/23/2016).
    2. Check for $535 to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    3. G-325A for each of you
    4. Proof of your wife's U.S. citizenship (birth cert or U.S. passport or Naturalization certificate)
    5. Copies of any divorce documents
    6. Proof of wife travelling to meet each other
    7. Copies of hotel and resort receipts
    8. One passport-style photo each
    9. Photos of you both together
    10. Copies of correspondence (cards, letters, email messages, chat logs)
    11. Copy of your birth cert

--Ray B

Originally posted by lukas2 View Post
    Hello, I recently married a US citizen in the United States. I then returned to my home country (Germany) while I get my affairs in order over here I'd like to file an immigration form.

I am now gathering some general information on how to actually immigrate to the US.

I know that my spouse has to file form I-130, however I am unsure what documents we need to include (other than the form of course) and how to pay.
    I am also not quiet sure how much proof is sufficient to show the legitimacy of our marriage. We have spent 2 weeks together this January, where we stayed at the same hotel (both of our names are on the invoice) and we have lots of pictures, but that's pretty much all I have concerning official documents of us being together. What else could I include and more importantly do I have to file these things with form I-130, or do I have to file them later on?

This is what I gathered so far:

- I-130 form
    - G-325A forms (one per person)
    - Marriage License
    - Proof of legitimacy of marriage

What else do I need?

I appreciate your help.

Comment

Thank you very much!
      Last edited by lukas2; 01-31-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X