No announcement yet.

A few questions on content - what tax return year is needed, and joint sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions on content - what tax return year is needed, and joint sponsor

Hi all -

Gearing up to file an I485, based on an I130 petition that has already been accepted (in December) - the I485 we submitted together with the I130 we got an RFE for, and then failed to submit the appropriate documents (tax returns).

For this re-filing, we are having a joint sponsor - the petitioner's father in law.

Regarding this, three questions:
    - What tax year do we need to include? Neither the petitioner or the joint sponsor have filed their tax returns for 2016 yet - do we need to include those, or no? We will include 2014 and 2015 taxes.
    - What supporting documents do we need to include from the joint sponsor? Is the I864 and tax returns sufficient, or do we need additional documents (passport page, birth certificate, anything else)?
    - Do we need a G325A for the joint sponsor?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by kungapa; 02-06-2017, 12:09 PM.

If you file before April 15, 2017, you can use either 2016 or 2015 as the most recent year.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      If you file before April 15, 2017, you can use either 2016 or 2015 as the most recent year.
      Awesome! Thank you.

Comment

Tax returns

I believe you are required to submit most recent 2 years- 2015/2016
        Poverty Guidelines should be met for each sponsor individually according to the family size .
        They also recommend pay stubs and letter from the employer confirming average hours and pay.
        If your interview is after April then You may need to present 2016 tax returns at the interview as well.
        I hope this helps

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X