Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-94 "Record Not Found"- Send Copy of Paper I-94 + Explanation Letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 "Record Not Found"- Send Copy of Paper I-94 + Explanation Letter?

Hello All ^_^

Putting the last paperwork together for my Adjustment of Status. My I-94 came up "No Record Found", even using the CBP suggested tips to obtain it. I sent out a FOIA request a few days ago, but I read that it could take about 39 days to get a reply, GAH! I do have an electronic I-94 printout from Dec. 2015 and my paper I-94 in my passport. A USCIS representative said I could send these with an explanation about the situation. However, there’s a chance I could still get an RFE. Could I really get an RFE though I have the paper I-94 stapled to the stamped visa page showing very limited travels? Has anyone had experience with this? Is there a template “explanation” letter that I could use?

My need to get this out as soon as possible is due to my OPT ending quite soon, and I’d like to get the paperwork out before the 60 day grace period. Alternatively, should I just wait for the FOIA request to come through with my I-94 records if I’m technically “safe” during those two months?

Much thanks in advance for any help or advice.

-tra

Does your I-94 printout from Dec 2015 report the last entry to the U.S. you made? If it looks the same as the electronic I-94's now being downloaded, that should be good enough to use.

--Ray B

Originally posted by tra View Post
    Hello All ^_^

Putting the last paperwork together for my Adjustment of Status. My I-94 came up "No Record Found", even using the CBP suggested tips to obtain it. I sent out a FOIA request a few days ago, but I read that it could take about 39 days to get a reply, GAH! I do have an electronic I-94 printout from Dec. 2015 and my paper I-94 in my passport. A USCIS representative said I could send these with an explanation about the situation. However, there’s a chance I could still get an RFE. Could I really get an RFE though I have the paper I-94 stapled to the stamped visa page showing very limited travels? Has anyone had experience with this? Is there a template “explanation” letter that I could use?

My need to get this out as soon as possible is due to my OPT ending quite soon, and I’d like to get the paperwork out before the 60 day grace period. Alternatively, should I just wait for the FOIA request to come through with my I-94 records if I’m technically “safe” during those two months?

Much thanks in advance for any help or advice.

-tra

Comment

If you have a paper I-94 then it's normal to not have an electronic I-94. If you already have an I-94 why are you looking for another one? It's an I-94. Electronic I-94s are supposed to be for situations where they don't give the paper ones anymore.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Does your I-94 printout from Dec 2015 report the last entry to the U.S. you made? If it looks the same as the electronic I-94's now being downloaded, that should be good enough to use.

--Ray B
        Hello Ray B,

Yes, the 2015 printout does report the last entry date. Thank you so so much for the help. Your posts in other threads have answered so many of my questions and greatly alleviated my anxieties throughout this process. Big up and deep appreciation!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        If you have a paper I-94 then it's normal to not have an electronic I-94. If you already have an I-94 why are you looking for another one? It's an I-94. Electronic I-94s are supposed to be for situations where they don't give the paper ones anymore.
        Hello newacct,

Thank you for the clarification. I thought about that as well, but figured I should inquire. I'm always anxious about how stringent USCIS might be about proper documentation. Thanks so much for all your help, it's deeply appreciated ^_^

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X