Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extended B2 and Getting Married

Hi guys!

Anyone of you here with the same situation as mine, please don't hesitate to comment.

I was married to a USC for 9 years but we didn't live in the U.S. I applied for a B2 visa and was granted a 10yr multiple entry.
    I've been using the B2 visa for four times mostly for a couple of months stay. My USC spouse was not really interested in helping me get a green card, he is old and needs a lot of convincing to do even ordinary things like going to the embassy and visit social security and stuff like that. We have a minor child and is in the U.S with me right now and at school. I filed for divorce last May and waiting for the final decree this March. My worry is that my extension of stay would expire this April and i met a family friend whom we are staying at and who helps us and do everything for us here and we are planning to get married as soon as we are allowed that is when i get my divorce decree. I had an emergency medical situation that's why i extended my stay and decided to have my son enrolled here.
    My big question is , do i have a good chance of getting approved after we get married and apply for the necessary papers while i stay here? im already preparing all the forms I-130, I-864, I-485,etc. I called uscis and they gave me all the forms to send but that was when i asked them if my previous husband would apply for me. thanks in advance

Your new spouse is a US citizen?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X