Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE: Tax return

Guys,

am very new to this and i want suggestions from people who know what this RFE is talking about. When I submitted my application in January i think I did submit everything. My uncle is my sponsor and my wife is my petitioner (yes, i married to an american citizen). Now they want tax return form again. do i have to fill I-864 or not. DO I have to just sent the tax file and am done???? I have attached the letter here. Please help as I no nothing about it but I do read stuff here about immigration. I got a text on the day about RFE on my way to do biometrics. Now I know why they say it's a pain to go through all the immigration process.

Thanks for help and suggestions in advance
    Attached Files

Submit the tax return.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

[QUOTE=dbista;481707]Guys,

am very new to this and i want suggestions from people who know what this RFE is talking about. When I submitted my application in January i think I did submit everything. My uncle is my sponsor and my wife is my petitioner (yes, i married to an american citizen). Now they want tax return form again. do i have to fill I-864 or not. DO I have to just sent the tax file and am done???? I have attached the letter here. Please help as I no nothing about it but I do read stuff here about immigration. I got a text on the day about RFE on my way to do biometrics. Now I know why they say it's a pain to go through all the immigration process.

Thanks for help and suggestions in advance [/QUOTE

I see here that you said your uncle is your sponsor, thats rather misleading. your uncle is a joint sponsor and the wife a primary sponsor. Did you provide complete tax return from both your wife and uncle? if you provided just the one from your uncle then that could be the problem.

Comment

[QUOTE=AMBP;481717]
        Originally posted by dbista View Post
        Guys,

Thanks for help and suggestions in advance [/QUOTE

I see here that you said your uncle is your sponsor, thats rather misleading. your uncle is a joint sponsor and the wife a primary sponsor. Did you provide complete tax return from both your wife and uncle? if you provided just the one from your uncle then that could be the problem.
        I mean to say since my wife income was not that high my uncle help me as my sponsor. SO it's called joint sponsorship? I think I forgot to send my wife's tax return. I remember sending my uncle's. Do I have to send both of the tax return again and I feel I forgot to send mine (1040) too. SHould I send all 3 together even they didn't ask for mine.

Thank you!

Comment

You were supposed to fill two I-864 forms; one for your wife as the sponsor, with her tax return, W2s , employee letter if she's working and any other supporting evidence I might forget attached, and another for your uncle, with his proof of citizenship, tax return, w2s etc. They don't need your tax return unless u filed jointly with your wife but the general idea is that the beneficiary can't self sponsor for immigration purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by AMBP View Post
            You were supposed to fill two I-864 forms; one for your wife as the sponsor, with her tax return, W2s , employee letter if she's working and any other supporting evidence I might forget attached, and another for your uncle, with his proof of citizenship, tax return, w2s etc. They don't need your tax return unless u filed jointly with your wife but the general idea is that the beneficiary can't self sponsor for immigration purposes.
            Hey,

I sent my RFE response to USCIS and should be delivered today. When will my case resume?? Any Idea?

Thank you again for your help

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X