Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i485 question

Hello,

I have an approved i130 from a month ago and will be filing for adjustment of status and would lilke to know about the interview of i485? also, how long people are taking to get approved? Will it be faster since I already have a i130 approved? opposed to sending both of them like people have been doing?

Thanks!
    Last edited by HondurasNative; 02-22-2017, 03:52 PM.

Originally posted by HondurasNative View Post
    Hello,

I have an approved i130 from a month ago and will be filing for adjustment of status and would lilke to know about the interview of i485? also, how long people are taking to get approved? Will it be faster since I already have a i130 approved? opposed to sending both of them like people have been doing?

Thanks!
    What do you want to know about the interview?
    Approval seem to range from 2 months to over 7 months or more, not sure what factors go into the range.
    Don't think it will be faster the parallel process is in place because they seem to be independent processes

Comment

Originally posted by HondurasNative View Post
      Hello,

Thanks!
      Hello HondurasNative, several factors will determine the speed of the process: Are you married to a USC? Are you married to a GC holder etc.?
      The benefit to establishing "Petition of Immediate Family/Spouse" is no wait time for a visa #
      My experience was not to file concurrent I-130 and I-485 together so I'm a year into it from 01/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
        Hello HondurasNative, several factors will determine the speed of the process: Are you married to a USC? Are you married to a GC holder etc.?
        The benefit to establishing "Petition of Immediate Family/Spouse" is no wait time for a visa #
        My experience was not to file concurrent I-130 and I-485 together so I'm a year into it from 01/2016
        Married to a us citizen. But the only reason I didn't file them together is because I had a removal order nor a valid entry which i do now. I'm just curious how long it will take

Comment

Hi HondurasNative, may I ask how did you get the removal order? And how did you get a legal entry? I am trying to research for my own case. I have TPS and I'm married to US citizen and want to apply for a green card but don't have legal entry and got detained while crossing when I was little.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X