Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implications of filing for I-485

Hello Folks,

I am relatively new to the AOS process. I am trying to understand what are the possible liabilities of filing for the AOS. Given the uncertainties at my current place of work, I wanted to weigh my options as I recently received an approved I-140.

From what I understand the AOS process is currently backlogged by 8 months. In addition to this one is expected to continue at the current place of employment for 6 months after receiving a Green Card - which implies at least 14 months (in the optimistic scenario) at the current place of employment.

If for some reason I were to change employment in between this 14 month period, what happens to the processing for the AOS? Does it mean the whole Green Card process is reset? Would I have to start all over scratch? What part of it (other than the PD) can be ported over?

It would be great if folks can provide some clarity/insights into this. Could someone pass along links/articles/et al. that describe this in some detail.

Thanks in advance.

I'd be weary of the risk of your employer revoking your I-140 out of spite before your I-485 has been pending for 6 months
    Last edited by Antonise; 03-02-2017, 10:33 AM. Reason: banned website

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X