Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife just has one income tax. Can she sponsor me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife just has one income tax. Can she sponsor me?

I need some advice. i got married with a US citizen and now we are applying for adjust of status. We both are 21 and my wife just has started working. She is self employed and in 2016 she makes 23k, more than the poverty line. In 2016 was her first income tax. Does she qualifies to be my sponsor?

If line 22 of her tax return form 1040 shows at least $21,000, she is okay to sponsor you.

--Ray B

Originally posted by joaos View Post
    I need some advice. i got married with a US citizen and now we are applying for adjust of status. We both are 21 and my wife just has started working. She is self employed and in 2016 she makes 23k, more than the poverty line. In 2016 was her first income tax. Does she qualifies to be my sponsor?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      If line 22 of her tax return form 1040 shows at least $21,000, she is okay to sponsor you.

--Ray B
      but what about the 3 last income tax? She doesnt have because she just started working. Can they ask something about that?

Comment

Sponsorship only requires a copy of her most recent tax year return.
        --Ray B

Originally posted by joaos View Post
        but what about the 3 last income tax? She doesnt have because she just started working. Can they ask something about that?

Comment

Thank you for your time to answering us.

But we are really lost. I called some immigration lawyers and they said is not gonna work and we will need another sponsor. But we have heard that way is gonna work. She is self employed and make 23k in 2016, its her first income tax. We dont wanna delay our process, so we are not sure if she really can sponsor me or we have to look for another option. Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X