Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 2017 Submission - Concurrent (I130, I485, I765)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by omoiyakaso View Post
    ooh sorry about that.

am filling from Newark NJ too but i just submitted my on Monday via FedEx and it was delivered and signed for on Tuesday.

still waiting for notification.
    I'm in nj but I have the Mt Holly office. My PD is 2/27, got EAD in May, interview ready to be scheduled since April, no update on the interview yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dilupi View Post
    tought, people would help with information here, never got a reply. Sad.
    Hope everyone do good.
    I'm in nj but I have the Mt Holly office. My PD is 2/27, got EAD in May, interview ready to be scheduled since April, no update on the interview yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeeptheFaith View Post
      I'm California filer
      PD = 2/28/17
      Biometrics = 4/11/17
      Received notice to repeat biometrics on 5/11/17 (happens all the time with me) = 5/3/17
      I did biometrics on 5/5/17 (6 days earlier)
      Online status changed on 485 ready for interview = 5/15/17
      Received e-mail @4:50am PT for interview schedule on July 7,2017 = 6/2/17
      Received e-mail @ 10:00am PT EAD ordered on 6/6/17
      Received e-mail @5:15pm PT EAD mail on 6/8/17
      Marriage based
      Thanks for sharing your timeline! I'm also in California, got EAD, no interview scheduled.. If I may ask—what is your field office? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tadutadu View Post
        Thanks for sharing your timeline! I'm also in California, got EAD, no interview scheduled.. If I may ask—what is your field office? Thanks.
        Los Angeles. What's your PD?

Comment

• I just wanted to give you a bit of insights about my case:

PD: 12/14/2017 (married USC)
          Bio: 01/17/2017
          REF: 02/03/2017
          REF received: 02/10/2017 ( to submit tax return last year)
          Request to expedite my case on 15/02/2017 for job offer. However, the case was under review. USCIS sent a letter to request evidence for expediting my case on 03/15/2017, and I responded on 04/15/2017 (due to I did not get receive any letter or request to ask for evidence - i called customer service and found out about it).
          Evidence received 04/17/2017
          .... Nothing moving
          05/15/2017: I raised SR due to over 90 days since 02/10/2017 (out of normal processing time), and they raise SR and responded the case under review.

06/07/2017: I raised SR to ask about my case ( as it is way over 90 days of commited normal timing)
          and raised SR to experdite

I lost job offer and nothing happened to me ( no EAD/ No AP at this point).

06/15/2017: I received letter to mention that my case is currently under review

06/17/2017: Request InfoPass in Local Office ( for next week in person meeting)
          06/ 17/2017: will send letter to congressman

Seriously, THIS IS mysterious working process and no one knows what is going on....
          This system needs to be change or we need to take action..

I could not get driver's lisence or travel out of country after 6 months...

Date: 06/19/2017
          I lost job offer and many opporunities to work. Hopeless !

Originally posted by jlilly07 View Post
          Hi all,

My case seems to be longer than average and it starts to make me stress out.

PD: 2/23/17
          Bio done: 3/29/17
          SR: 5/24

I got nothing yet! No EAD card update no travel card update no interview scheduled no nothing.
          Is this normal? We called last week and was told our case was in normal processing time. But according to this forum here it is not normal. Is there anyone else in the similar situation?
          - - - Updated - - -

I just wanted to give you a bit of insights about my case:

PD: 12/14/2017 (married USC)
          Bio: 01/17/2017
          REF: 02/03/2017
          REF received: 02/10/2017 ( to submit tax return last year)
          Request to expedite my case on 15/02/2017 for job offer. However, the case was under review. USCIS sent a letter to request evidence for expediting my case on 03/15/2017, and I responded on 04/15/2017 (due to I did not get receive any letter or request to ask for evidence - i called customer service and found out about it).
          Evidence received 04/17/2017
          .... Nothing moving
          05/15/2017: I raised SR due to over 90 days since 02/10/2017 (out of normal processing time), and they raise SR and responded the case under review.

06/07/2017: I raised SR to ask about my case ( as it is way over 90 days of commited normal timing)
          and raised SR to experdite

I lost job offer and nothing happened to me ( no EAD/ No AP at this point).

06/15/2017: I received letter to mention that my case is currently under review

06/17/2017: Request InfoPass in Local Office ( for next week in person meeting)
          06/ 17/2017: will send letter to congressman

Seriously, THIS IS mysterious working process and no one knows what is going on....
          This system needs to be change or we need to take action..

I could not get driver's lisence or travel out of country after 6 months...

Date: 06/19/2017
          I lost job offer and many opporunities to work. Hopeless !

Comment

• My timeline for I-485 AOS Marriage based - Boston

Thought I will share my AOS experience since I benefited much from this site.

Field Office: Boston,MA

Application Date: 02/13/2017
            Biometric appointment: 03/24/2017
            EAD+Advance Parole approved: 05/25/2017
            Interview Date: 06/20/2017
            Approved!

My husband is US citizen and I was on a H1B visa working in Boston. We submitted joint lease and bank account statements as evidence in our application. The interview was early morning and lasted ~25min. The officer very friendly. We entered in together and did not get separated at all. In fact, we answered all the questions together (there were not many). He asked me when my husband's birthday was and he asked my husband how he proposed. The officer chatted for the bulk of the time with us about random topics (sports, travel,weather). I had taken pictures and lots of additional evidence that were not submitted with the original application but he did not ask for any of them. I think the fact that my husband and I have known each other for 4 years before we got married as well as the fact that I have an advance degree and a job helped the case. At the end of the interview he said he will be approving our application and explained that the card will arrive 7-10 days time. It was a smooth process for me and I am thankful for that. Wish everyone the best of luck and hang in there!

Comment

• Originally posted by db86 View Post
              Thought I will share my AOS experience since I benefited much from this site.

Field Office: Boston,MA

Application Date: 02/13/2017
              Biometric appointment: 03/24/2017
              EAD+Advance Parole approved: 05/25/2017
              Interview Date: 06/20/2017
              Approved!

My husband is US citizen and I was on a H1B visa working in Boston. We submitted joint lease and bank account statements as evidence in our application. The interview was early morning and lasted ~25min. The officer very friendly. We entered in together and did not get separated at all. In fact, we answered all the questions together (there were not many). He asked me when my husband's birthday was and he asked my husband how he proposed. The officer chatted for the bulk of the time with us about random topics (sports, travel,weather). I had taken pictures and lots of additional evidence that were not submitted with the original application but he did not ask for any of them. I think the fact that my husband and I have known each other for 4 years before we got married as well as the fact that I have an advance degree and a job helped the case. At the end of the interview he said he will be approving our application and explained that the card will arrive 7-10 days time. It was a smooth process for me and I am thankful for that. Wish everyone the best of luck and hang in there!
              Wow you got such an expedited process.
              My filing date is 2/28 and I am still waiting on interview notice.

Any other February filers got their interviews scheduled ? I do not want to bother submitting a SR as my application is indeed in the standard processing times and I do not want to backup everyone's application by doing so as I know usually nothing comes out of it
              Should I ?

Comment

• Finally, we'll have our interview tomorrow. My USC husband is more nervous than me (maybe because I just had my driving test yesterday, 2 job interviews today then after immigration interview, another job interview in the afternoon). We've only known each other for 2 months before we got married civilly. But we had our church wedding 7 months after our civil wedding and he converted to my faith before we got married in church (it was well attended from both sides of our family).

Funny that we're arguing of what he's gonna wear tomorrow for the interview(he wants shirt and tie in close to 3 digits weather) the parking, commuting. He said he might not be able to sleep tonight. He even took off from work for a week. I think he needs Valium or something 😁

My husband tends to exaggerate things and I'm opposite coz for me exaggeration is a form of lying and we might have different answers. plus the fact that he's forgetful. I keep assuring him that they won't take me away from him. Just be ourselves.

I learned a lot from this forum. And I totally agree we don't need lawyers. The guidelines are in the website and the experiences of the members here are very helpful. I have consulted bunch of lawyers from the past (I've been here since 1995 on H1-A visa and had been out of status since 2002 and they can't help me unless I marry a USC. Now I finally met my soulmate, we didn't see the need for one. My own family would charge me $3k to help me process my immigration.

My prayer goes to everyone, Keep the faith!

Comment

Finally, we'll have our interview tomorrow. My USC husband is more nervous than me (maybe because I just had my driving test yesterday, 2 job interviews today then after immigration interview, another job interview in the afternoon). We've only known each other for 2 months before we got married civilly. But we had our church wedding 7 months after our civil wedding and he converted to my faith before we got married in church (it was well attended from both sides of our family).

Funny that we're arguing of what he's gonna wear tomorrow for the interview(he wants shirt and tie in close to 3 digits weather) the parking, commuting. He said he might not be able to sleep tonight. He even took off from work for a week. I think he needs Valium or something 😁

My husband tends to exaggerate things and I'm opposite coz for me exaggeration is a form of lying and we might have different answers. plus the fact that he's forgetful. I keep assuring him that they won't take me away from him. Just be ourselves.

I learned a lot from this forum. And I totally agree we don't need lawyers. The guidelines are in the website and the experiences of the members here are very helpful. I have consulted bunch of lawyers from the past (I've been here since 1995 on H1-A visa and had been out of status since 2002 and they can't help me unless I marry a USC. Now I finally met my soulmate, we didn't see the need for one. My own family would charge me $3k to help me process my immigration.

My prayer goes to everyone, Keep the faith!
                  i wish you both all the best
                  Just be yourselves and be romantic.
                  answer their questions with smile and confidence.
                  we will all be waiting here for the good-news.

Comment

• Originally posted by omoiyakaso View Post
                    i wish you both all the best
                    Just be yourselves and be romantic.
                    answer their questions with smile and confidence.
                    we will all be waiting here for the good-news.
                    485 says new card is being produced" Thank you very much! I'm wishing and praying for everyone the best.

Keep the faith!

Comment

485 says new card is being produced" Thank you very much! I'm wishing and praying for everyone the best.

Keep the faith!
                      How did the interview go? Knowing my husband and myself, I will probably be like your husband hahaha. What kind of questions did they ask you and what extra evidence/documents did you bring?
                      Forms sent 6/2
                      Forms received 6/4
                      Received texts/e-mails 6/6
                      PD 6/5 & 6/6
                      NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
                      Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
                      SR 9/2
                      Contacted Congressman 10/1
                      Called the Congressman's office 10/10
                      Interview letter 10/10
                      Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
                      Received EAD/AP card 10/17
                      Interview 11/8 RFE after
                      New Card Being Produced 11/16
                      Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

• Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
                        How did the interview go? Knowing my husband and myself, I will probably be like your husband hahaha. What kind of questions did they ask you and what extra evidence/documents did you bring?
                        We were actually relaxed. We thought we will be nervous. It was my husband who did much of the talking when asked how did we meet. He was precise in saying the date, place and even the time. The IO was really attentive because when we showed him paperwork where we got married, he said "so you guys got married where you met?" I think it doesn't matter if you answer the question right but how you answer and how you react naturally. My husband missed the city where I was born and I didn't know when he became a citizen. I just said, he doesn't even know but I know he said about 10 years. I think it's better not to practice so you will act naturally.

I created a binder of all documents, rental agreement, car insurance, our vacation plans, receipt of our wedding reception, both our civil and church wedding certificates.

I made a scrapbook telling stories with date and time, important descriptions, photos with relatives, in-laws (I put lots of photos of me with my mother in law, my husband with my parents). I included my husband's baptism (he took note of that); some pictures from our wedding, pictures of our relatives from out of state/country who attended our wedding, our 5ks and 10ks together, our church mission visits (we finished all 21 California missions). It's good my husband suggested to bring extra pictures not on the book coz he needed it for our files. He doesn't want to get pictures from the scrapboook I made.

The power of prayer! Actually, we were expecting for some RFEs. My birthday on my birth certificate was off 1 day, my middle name was wrong spelling, port of entry was Los Angeles instead of Chicago, tourist visa instead of H1-A. He questioned my name but he didn't make a deal out of it, he just told me what they would put on my green card (that was already a hint). He also questioned about my immunization, I only got 2 and he said I'm supposed to get 3. He questioned me about my previous petioner (I-140) and they still have all my paperworks from my previous application. He asked me if I've been on welfare, I said no, then asked how did I sustain my self. i said I've never been unemployed. My relative who is an immigration lawyer told me I might not get approved because I am currently working, that I need to leave the country before I will get approved. She got my parents really worried but I proved her wrong.

We were still showing him some more evidence but he said: "It's ok, I believe you're a couple".

From the security guards to receptionists and the immigration officer, they were friendly as if they were not government employees. My advice: Prayer works and acts naturally. One last note: He didn't take my EAD but he said that's not valid anymore.
                        Last edited by KeeptheFaith; 07-08-2017, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Check this.

Comment

We were actually relaxed. We thought we will be nervous. It was my husband who did much of the talking when asked how did we meet. He was precise in saying the date, place and even the time. The IO was really attentive because when we showed him paperwork where we got married, he said "so you guys got married where you met?" I think it doesn't matter if you answer the question right but how you answer and how you react naturally. My husband missed the city where I was born and I didn't know when he became a citizen. I just said, he doesn't even know but I know he said about 10 years. I think it's better not to practice so you will act naturally.

I created a binder of all documents, rental agreement, car insurance, our vacation plans, receipt of our wedding reception, both our civil and church wedding certificates.

I made a scrapbook telling stories with date and time, important descriptions, photos with relatives, in-laws (I put lots of photos of me with my mother in law, my husband with my parents). I included my husband's baptism (he took note of that); some pictures from our wedding, pictures of our relatives from out of state/country who attended our wedding, our 5ks and 10ks together, our church mission visits (we finished all 21 California missions). It's good my husband suggested to bring extra pictures not on the book coz he needed it for our files. He doesn't want to get pictures from the scrapboook I made.

The power of prayer! Actually, we were expecting for some RFEs. My birthday on my birth certificate was off 1 day, my middle name was wrong spelling, port of entry was Los Angeles instead of Chicago, tourist visa instead of H1-A. He questioned my name but he didn't make a deal out of it, he just told me what they would put on my green card (that was already a hint). He also questioned about my immunization, I only got 2 and he said I'm supposed to get 3. He questioned me about my previous petioner (I-140) and they still have all my paperworks from my previous application. He asked me if I've been on welfare, I said no, then asked how did I sustain my self. i said I've never been unemployed. My relative who is an immigration lawyer told me I might not get approved because I am currently working, that I need to leave the country before I will get approved. She got my parents really worried but I proved her wrong.

We were still showing him some more evidence but he said: "It's ok, I believe you're a couple".

From the security guards to receptionists and the immigration officer, they were friendly as if they were not government employees. My advice: Prayer works and acts naturally. One last note: He didn't take my EAD but he said that's not valid anymore.
                            Wow thank you for the details. Question, before your interview, did you receive your new EAD?
                            Forms sent 6/2
                            Forms received 6/4
                            PD 6/5 & 6/6
                            SR 9/2
                            Interview letter 10/10
                            Interview 11/8 RFE after

Comment

Wow thank you for the details. Question, before your interview, did you receive your new EAD?
                              5/5/17 - repeat biometrics (scheduled for 5/11/17)
                              5/15/17 - status ready for interview
                              6/2/17 - interview notification on July 7
                              6/6/17 - EAD on production
                              6/8/17 - mailed EAD
                              6/13/17 - received EAD on mail

No RFE; no service request but I had to redo biometrics

Comment

5/5/17 - repeat biometrics (scheduled for 5/11/17)
                                5/15/17 - status ready for interview
                                6/2/17 - interview notification on July 7
                                6/6/17 - EAD on production
                                6/8/17 - mailed EAD
                                6/13/17 - received EAD on mail

No RFE; no service request but I had to redo biometrics
                                Awesome! Thank you. I hope that I won't get any RFE's.
                                Forms sent 6/2
                                Forms received 6/4
                                PD 6/5 & 6/6
                                SR 9/2
                                Interview letter 10/10
                                Interview 11/8 RFE after

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}