Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February 2017 Submission - Concurrent (I130, I485, I765)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming back from Mexico

I just got my green card from the mail yesterday. When we woke up this morning, me and my husband just thought of driving to Mexico (to eat Tacos ha ha ha that's how spontaneous we are). I just crossed the border going back to USA without problem. Yes!!! I can't believe after 22 years I finally got my green card.

Keep the faith it will come to you soon in His time!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeeptheFaith View Post
      We were actually relaxed. We thought we will be nervous. It was my husband who did much of the talking when asked how did we meet. He was precise in saying the date, place and even the time. The IO was really attentive because when we showed him paperwork where we got married, he said "so you guys got married where you met?" I think it doesn't matter if you answer the question right but how you answer and how you react naturally. My husband missed the city where I was born and I didn't know when he became a citizen. I just said, he doesn't even know but I know he said about 10 years. I think it's better not to practice so you will act naturally.

I created a binder of all documents, rental agreement, car insurance, our vacation plans, receipt of our wedding reception, both our civil and church wedding certificates.

I made a scrapbook telling stories with date and time, important descriptions, photos with relatives, in-laws (I put lots of photos of me with my mother in law, my husband with my parents). I included my husband's baptism (he took note of that); some pictures from our wedding, pictures of our relatives from out of state/country who attended our wedding, our 5ks and 10ks together, our church mission visits (we finished all 21 California missions). It's good my husband suggested to bring extra pictures not on the book coz he needed it for our files. He doesn't want to get pictures from the scrapboook I made.

The power of prayer! Actually, we were expecting for some RFEs. My birthday on my birth certificate was off 1 day, my middle name was wrong spelling, port of entry was Los Angeles instead of Chicago, tourist visa instead of H1-A. He questioned my name but he didn't make a deal out of it, he just told me what they would put on my green card (that was already a hint). He also questioned about my immunization, I only got 2 and he said I'm supposed to get 3. He questioned me about my previous petioner (I-140) and they still have all my paperworks from my previous application. He asked me if I've been on welfare, I said no, then asked how did I sustain my self. i said I've never been unemployed. My relative who is an immigration lawyer told me I might not get approved because I am currently working, that I need to leave the country before I will get approved. She got my parents really worried but I proved her wrong.

We were still showing him some more evidence but he said: "It's ok, I believe you're a couple".

From the security guards to receptionists and the immigration officer, they were friendly as if they were not government employees. My advice: Prayer works and acts naturally. One last note: He didn't take my EAD but he said that's not valid anymore.
      This is really helpful. Thank you so much. Congratulations! Btw, is it ok to say that we're working even if we haven't received the EAD yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by kayleigh View Post
        This is really helpful. Thank you so much. Congratulations! Btw, is it ok to say that we're working even if we haven't received the EAD yet?
        If they ask dont lie, it gets you no where and it working is overlooked when you adjusting in immediate relative category.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCCALD View Post
          This morning I Got about 5 emails saying my EAD card is being produced, so happy and glad its happening. Now to look for a job and get my D/L. DOnt loose hope guys, your time is coming

AOS Marriage to USC @MSC/NBC

PD 2/17
          BIO 3/29
          SR 5/29
          Card being Produced 6/2
          Any update on interview?

Comment

• new card is being produce..

took our interview today(los angeles filer)my wife was called first for about an hour.after the officer called me and it took me just 15 mins.officer was so nice.just asked personal question(like name of parenst,siblings).took some copies of pictures,phones bills,bank joint account,proof of residency,lease agreement,car registration our name.after,he just told us that decision will be send by mail.we say thank you and left.
            after 1 hour,my wife check it online and it say card was being produce..
            PD feb 22
            ead june 5
            sept 11 waitng for green card..

Comment

• Originally posted by kme522 View Post
              took our interview today(los angeles filer)my wife was called first for about an hour.after the officer called me and it took me just 15 mins.officer was so nice.just asked personal question(like name of parenst,siblings).took some copies of pictures,phones bills,bank joint account,proof of residency,lease agreement,car registration our name.after,he just told us that decision will be send by mail.we say thank you and left.
              after 1 hour,my wife check it online and it say card was being produce..
              PD feb 22
              ead june 5
              sept 11 waitng for green card..
              Congratulations! I had my interview last week too. Everything went well. At last moment seems like when the officer scanned folder he said there is another file related to your application somewhere ion midwest. So he needs to get that adn check if there are no derogatory remarks. He was like i dont think the file is related to your application but still needs to check. gave us a timeline of 2 weeks for the result. Other than that it was good. I had my interview on tuesday. Hopefully everything goes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgk123 View Post
                Congratulations! I had my interview last week too. Everything went well. At last moment seems like when the officer scanned folder he said there is another file related to your application somewhere ion midwest. So he needs to get that adn check if there are no derogatory remarks. He was like i dont think the file is related to your application but still needs to check. gave us a timeline of 2 weeks for the result. Other than that it was good. I had my interview on tuesday. Hopefully everything goes well.
                thank you.just recieved my wife's gc today.
                thank you immihelp.youve been of great help to us when we are in the process..

Comment

• interview Today

Hi All.

This forum has been so helpful throughout the process. I just left my interview today and was approved before we left.

My appointment was in the early PM. We got seen in an hour. The officer asked us some questions did not really go into any background just confirmed details. We chatted with him, he put everything in the system, then we left. My biggest issue is that my husband is chatty so we would probably have been done sooner.

This journey is over for a few years.

Thank you all for sharing. For those of you still waiting. It's coming stay positive and hold fast to your beliefs.

Love and good wishes!!

Originally posted by SashaConn View Post
                  5/19/17 EAD Received. Tracked throughout with MY USPS. I didn't call for a tracking number, unfortunately case is not yet ready to be scheduled. Day 79 from priority date and 50 from RFE accepted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X