Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing second Spouse-based Permanent Resident Petition while waiting for AOS (EB2-I)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing second Spouse-based Permanent Resident Petition while waiting for AOS (EB2-I)

I am filling out my I-130 and I-485 for a family based petition since my employment based petition is stuck in processing since 2012 (retrogressed priority dates from India, EB2).

I've been married to as US citizen for almost three years now, so I feel like I've waited enough. Currently working and traveling abroad on my EAD/AP. I recently traveled to Europe and re-entered as Parolee, which I have been doing for the past five years (annual travel to India, etc.)

I have a bunch of questions:

1) I-485: I last entered on my Advance Parole document a few months ago. So would my current status be PAROLEE ("In what status did you last enter", PART 3, A)?
    2) I-485: What do I enter for "Nonimmigrant Visa Number" and "Consulate" since I used my AP to travel the last 6-7 times?
    3) I-485: For the section asking if I had "applied for permanent resident status in the U.S.", I will answer YES. But what do they mean by place of filing? The lockbox? The city I live in? The processing center?
    4) Do I need to include copies of all my old (expired) visas - F1, H1B? Or will the previous I-485 receipt notice be sufficient?
    5) Should I apply for another EAD/AP? I just got my latest EAD/AP card valid until 03-2019 from my pending employment-based petition.
    6) I have 40 credits / 10 years of Social Security contributions so I believe I can file with I-864W, requesting exemption from Affidavit of Support?

Any other general advice? Thanks for any help!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X