Translating Birth Certificate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Translating Birth Certificate?

So my Peruvian wife needs her Birth Certificate translated from Spanish to English for the I-485. I am aware that you need to have the part at the bottom where it claims the person translating it is "Fluent in both English and Spanish and competent to perform the translation" etc. etc. However, my question is whether or not I should pay to have it done or not because I know someone who is not a family member, or friend that is fluent and able to certify that part for me.

I see templates online and am unsure if it is as simple as the templates make it. Or does it have to be more complex than filling in the blanks on the template? Should I pay to have this done or not? On the template, it is a Word Doc, and it shows the following

English Translation of Birth Certificate

Name of Registered Child __________
    Date of Birth _________
    Place of Birth _________

Father of Child _______
    Age of Father ________
    Nationality of Father _______

Mother of Child _______
    Age of Mother ________
    Nationality of Mother _________

Place and Date of Registered ________
    Book,Volume, and Number _________

unfortunately, it has to be notarizes by someone who is/does legalizing paper.
    just pay for it. its not much compare to the hassle that you will receive later if you don't do it the right way.

Comment

I was having the same question when preparing my package (needed to translate my birth certificate from Spanish to English); i read a lot of answers from people saying they did the translation themselves (using those templates you found), or by asking friends to do it; according to them they didn't have any problems.
      Not having to pay is awesome, but also i didn't want to risk my package to be rejected just because of that.

I paid 33dll, it was certified and very professional looking, and i got it back in one day. My package was accepted.

It's really up to you, I think you can either do it yourself or pay for it, whatever makes you feel more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by MsGhassemi View Post
        I was having the same question when preparing my package (needed to translate my birth certificate from Spanish to English); i read a lot of answers from people saying they did the translation themselves (using those templates you found), or by asking friends to do it; according to them they didn't have any problems.
        Not having to pay is awesome, but also i didn't want to risk my package to be rejected just because of that.

I paid 33dll, it was certified and very professional looking, and i got it back in one day. My package was accepted.

It's really up to you, I think you can either do it yourself or pay for it, whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
        Good idea and great feedback. I would say my wife staying here is worth a lot more than $30

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ggone View Post
        unfortunately, it has to be notarizes by someone who is/does legalizing paper.
        just pay for it. its not much compare to the hassle that you will receive later if you don't do it the right way.
        Thank you for easing my mind

Comment

Originally posted by MsGhassemi View Post

I second the motion to pay a specialized service to do the translation for you. I am a Chilean citizen and needed to get my birth certificate translated; I got an official copy of my BC online from the Chilean Bureau of Vital Records (an official electronic document sent to you in PDF format, paid less than $1 for it; something the US should get on with! hahaha). I then forwarded the PDF file to this California-based company; they returned the translation the same day by e-mail, and also sent (by regular mail) the hard-copy of the translation with a certificate of the bilingual competency of the translator, all for something close to $45 (I paid extra for the expedited service). Everything seemed to have passed the initial inspection and my case is now ready for scheduling the interview.

Best of luck to you, and I hope your wife's family is ok after all the flooding and mudslides going on in PerĂº.
          Chilean, married to USC on 5/20/2016 in New York City; Filing: I-485/I-130, I-765, I-131
          Priority Date - 12/21/2016
          Biometrics - 1/30/2017 at Bronx ASC
          Case Ready for Interview: 2/13/2017
          EAD/AP approval notification: 4/1/2017
          Interview notice: 10/31/2017
          Interview appointment: 12/5/2017 in Manhattan, NYC
          Notice of approval of I-485, I-130: 12/12/2017, received by mail on 12/18/2017

Comment

Translating Birth Certificate

I would suggest you to contact professional translation agency for this. You can get an actual solution from them.
            Last edited by Antonise; 03-23-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X