March 2017 Submission (I-130 sent fist *got accepted*) I-485 & I-765 Concurrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agata T. View Post
    I am reaching my limit of patience with USCIS. I filed on 03/11/2017 (Brooklyn, NY), got biometrics done on 4/21/2017 and then my status changed for 'case is ready to be scheduled for interview' on 4/28/2017. Then my "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" changed as of, 06/15/2017 when my EAD went my I-765 was approved and mailed out. Since nothing changed. I did my first SR on Oct. 10th thru internet when I received notice that I should have my replay by Nov. 1st. I got no reply. I did my second SR on Nov. 13th, over the phone now. I was informed that, yes the case is ready to be scheduled for interview, they will assign me to someone as soon as someone will be available, something about extremely overburden with caseload excuse. I see most of applicants who filed around my date already getting their interview notices or already being done with interview. I do not know if it's because of my location or any other reason but, waiting time is sure long one.
    Hi Agata, I understand the frustration my PD is March 9/2017, (Newark) and i am still yet to get a interview date as well. I just saw someone whose PD was February 7 get an interview date for December 20 . So i guess all we can do is hope we get something by December or early January

Comment

I am reaching my limit of patience with USCIS. I filed on 03/11/2017 (Brooklyn, NY), got biometrics done on 4/21/2017 and then my status changed for 'case is ready to be scheduled for interview' on 4/28/2017. Then my "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" changed as of, 06/15/2017 when my EAD went my I-765 was approved and mailed out. Since nothing changed. I did my first SR on Oct. 10th thru internet when I received notice that I should have my replay by Nov. 1st. I got no reply. I did my second SR on Nov. 13th, over the phone now. I was informed that, yes the case is ready to be scheduled for interview, they will assign me to someone as soon as someone will be available, something about extremely overburden with caseload excuse. I see most of applicants who filed around my date already getting their interview notices or already being done with interview. I do not know if it's because of my location or any other reason but, waiting time is sure long one.
      Agata T - under what circumstances did you submit a SR online? 'Outside of normal processing times'? My case is with the Queens/NYC office and they are currently processing Sept 4, 2016 cases which means I am still within the time frame. I really want to move my case along, as my I485 hasn't updated since I filed from 'received finger print fee'. Thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by RalphCat View Post
        Agata T - under what circumstances did you submit a SR online? 'Outside of normal processing times'? My case is with the Queens/NYC office and they are currently processing Sept 4, 2016 cases which means I am still within the time frame. I really want to move my case along, as my I485 hasn't updated since I filed from 'received finger print fee'. Thanks in advance
        Yes, I did SR (twice, one on Oct. 1st and then on Nov. 13th) online citing "outside of normal processing time" and both times USCIS "accepted" that as a reason for SR. I also saw that local New York City field office is working on Sept. 2016 cases, this is huge back-up. I think what might help is to contact local congressman/woman and see if they can move my case along.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenia
          Marriage: 07/03
          Sent i-130 , i-485, i-765 on September 19

PD : 09/21
          BIO: 10/19

On 11/4 my case status changed : ready to schedule for an interview.

Waiting for my EAD around Christmas I guess , but who knows , some people wait for 5 months.
          May I ask, which city you live in ?

Comment

May I ask, which city you live in ?
            I'm from San Francisco

Comment

• Originally posted by Walbrzyszanka21 View Post
              Hey Agata, I would suggest contacting your Congressman, they get responses regarding SR's faster. I raised an SR 9/2 and I was scheduled to get a response 9/24. I did not get one and 10/3 I went to my congressman's office to fill out a privacy release form. I called 10/10 and it was not assigned to anyone but then the lady over the phone assigned it to someone. That same day I got my interview notice. Looking at it, calling the congressman did not actually help but I hear that if they do the SR then it lets the USCIS people know that you are really waiting for a long time.

You can raise an SR over the internet on the USCIS website where it says submit a case inquiry.
              Do you have any experience calling a congressman for assistance in an SR? Our PD is March 7, 2017 and I have already raised two SR's, one online and one over the phone with USCIS customer service. I am frustrated with waiting. What do I say when I call? I am new to this.

Thank you for any help you may have to offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by BELLAGIO View Post
              Hi Agata, I understand the frustration my PD is March 9/2017, (Newark) and i am still yet to get a interview date as well. I just saw someone whose PD was February 7 get an interview date for December 20 . So i guess all we can do is hope we get something by December or early January
              Hi Bellagio, our case is very similar. Our PD is March 7/2017 in Newark NJ. That is good news that a Feb filer got scheduled for December!! Was that in Newark? Hopefully that means good news for us soon.

Let's stay in touch so we can update each other.

Comment

Hey guys! How's everything? Hopefully great!!! I just want you to show me how to make a Service Request. My PD is 08/21 and Biometrics is 09/13 and up to now no news. So please if anyone can show me how to send in a SR, i will be very grateful...
                Thanks you all and God bless us all.

Comment

• [QUOTE=jsgc;539118]Do you have any experience calling a congressman for assistance in an SR? Our PD is March 7, 2017 and I have already raised two SR's, one online and one over the phone with USCIS customer service. I am frustrated with waiting. What do I say when I call? I am new to this.

Thank you for any help you may have to offer.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Bellagio, our case is very similar. Our PD is March 7/2017 in Newark NJ. That is good news that a Feb filer got scheduled for December!! Was that in Newark? Hopefully that means good news for us soon.

Let's stay in touch so we can update each other.[

Yes it was a Newark filer that got scheduled for December so hopefully we get something by December or will have to contact congressman. However my e-mail is [email protected] you can mail me so we can keep in touch and update.

Comment

I'm in the same boat: my PD is 03/01 and my case status has been "ready to be scheduled for an interview" since 03/31.

I live in Seattle, WA. In July, I scheduled an InfoPass appointment with the local USCIS office. The immigration officer I met with was very nice and thorough in her explanation.

What the immigration officer told me:
                    - USCIS can only commit to the 90-days turn-around time for the I-765, and they can't even keep up with that 90-days promise. Processing time for I-485 is entirely up to the local offices.
                    - Don't bother raising a Service Request unless your PD is before the date listed on the USCIS Processing Time website. For example, as of 09/30/2017, the Seattle office is processing case with PD up to 12/01/2016; thus unless your priority date is before 12/01/2016, your case is still considered "within normal processing time." Contacting a congressman or senator wouldn't do you any good either since the case is still "within normal processing time" (God I hate those words).
                    - USCIS has a huge backlog, and as of July 2017 there was still a hiring freeze so there was very little the local office could do to facilitate processing time.

Finally, the IO said: Just be patient and wait. You'll be interviewed when it's your turn. Try to forget about it and live your life. There's very little anyone on either side could do at this point.

Also, may I ask why you're getting frustrated? The EAD and AP should be good enough for now right?

Comment

• Originally posted by kindrich View Post
                      I'm in the same boat: my PD is 03/01 and my case status has been "ready to be scheduled for an interview" since 03/31.

I live in Seattle, WA. In July, I scheduled an InfoPass appointment with the local USCIS office. The immigration officer I met with was very nice and thorough in her explanation.

What the immigration officer told me:
                      - USCIS can only commit to the 90-days turn-around time for the I-765, and they can't even keep up with that 90-days promise. Processing time for I-485 is entirely up to the local offices.
                      - Don't bother raising a Service Request unless your PD is before the date listed on the USCIS Processing Time website. For example, as of 09/30/2017, the Seattle office is processing case with PD up to 12/01/2016; thus unless your priority date is before 12/01/2016, your case is still considered "within normal processing time." Contacting a congressman or senator wouldn't do you any good either since the case is still "within normal processing time" (God I hate those words).
                      - USCIS has a huge backlog, and as of July 2017 there was still a hiring freeze so there was very little the local office could do to facilitate processing time.

Finally, the IO said: Just be patient and wait. You'll be interviewed when it's your turn. Try to forget about it and live your life. There's very little anyone on either side could do at this point.

Also, may I ask why you're getting frustrated? The EAD and AP should be good enough for now right?
                      Thank you so much for this information, it's really helpful for the rest of us in here.
                      My frustration is that I just want to get over with it, I don't care about traveling now but, I just want to be done with this process and go on with my life. Every time I think of the next step "the interview" I always get anxious and I start to over think that I might say something wrong, not bring everything etc. Everyone is saying to stop worrying, you be fine, you been married over two yrs now so you are good blah blah blah .... yeah, I just want to get over it and remove that weight from my shoulders.

Comment

• Just let you know I'm February filers and I haven't had my interview yet I almost did everything with my process but none of them works including but not limited I've talked 4 senators/ 6 congressmen/ 2 infopass/ 3 E request/ expadite etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by ENAM View Post
                          Hey guys! How's everything? Hopefully great!!! I just want you to show me how to make a Service Request. My PD is 08/21 and Biometrics is 09/13 and up to now no news. So please if anyone can show me how to send in a SR, i will be very grateful...
                          Thanks you all and God bless us all.
                          Hey love,
                          You can submit a service request here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do.

God bless us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by jsgc View Post
                            Hey love,
                            You can submit a service request here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do.

God bless us all!
                            Hi there! thank you for your reply, I have already sent in the SR and they said the request is not yet assigned. they said to expect a response by December 6. Still looking forward to my EAD. God bless us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by ENAM View Post
                              Hi there! thank you for your reply, I have already sent in the SR and they said the request is not yet assigned. they said to expect a response by December 6. Still looking forward to my EAD. God bless us all!
                              Everytime I try and submit a SR online I get an error message. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comment

• Quick update for the group: I've just received my interview appointment letter. My interview will be on 01/03/2018 at the Seattle, WA office. My PD is 03/03/2017 so it will have been exactly 10 months between my PD and interview.

Hope everyone else is getting the interview letter soon.

Note: the online Case Status tool still says my case is "ready to be scheduled for an interview." I'm guessing it will remain so until I get the green card.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X