RFE on I 485 - Incorrect departure entry with USCIS asking for new I94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE on I 485 - Incorrect departure entry with USCIS asking for new I94

My I-485 was filed on 11/01/2016. For an emergency reason I booked air-ticket & made online check-in to depart United States on 02/0/2017. But the plan got changed at the last moment, I didn't travel. I cancelled the ticket and asked airline to issue an open ticket. Currently I received an RFE from USCIS stating "Our records indicate you departed US on 02/07/2017, submit the evidence for valid immigration re-entry".

In fact I haven't left the country but their record is updated as I departed on 02/07/2017.
    Does anyone have same kind of situation and share your experience, how to handle this RFE?

Originally posted by edurai View Post
    My I-485 was filed on 11/01/2016. For an emergency reason I booked air-ticket & made online check-in to depart United States on 02/0/2017. But the plan got changed at the last moment, I didn't travel. I cancelled the ticket and asked airline to issue an open ticket. Currently I received an RFE from USCIS stating "Our records indicate you departed US on 02/07/2017, submit the evidence for valid immigration re-entry".

In fact I haven't left the country but their record is updated as I departed on 02/07/2017.
    Does anyone have same kind of situation and share your experience, how to handle this RFE?
    I would assume the airline/ticket agency can help you prove you have not left, I would call your local deferred inspection office on how to change the last I-94 departure and then use that process as evidence.

Best of luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X