Clear All

• RFE for I-485 due to I-94 FOIA

Submitted I-130, I-485, I-765
    sent petitions on 3/20/17 (Overnight)
    They got it on 3/21/17
    I received notification in the mail on 3/27/17 that they received petition
    i received BIO appointment for 4/20/14
    I received RFE on 4/7/17

-Evidence of your lawful admission or parole in the USA. Such evidence includes, but is not limited to form i-94, arrival/departure record, form
    i-512 with completed arrival stamp or a copy of the non immigration visa page of your passport showing admission to the USA.

I had sent in a copy of a FOIA request for I-94 initially so i am not sure why they are asking for more info, is the FOIA just not enough? i have nothing else, i lost my passport and visa and have nothing but the FOIA.

Originally posted by valepena10 View Post
    They got it on 3/21/17
    I received RFE on 4/7/17

-Evidence of your lawful admission or parole in the USA. Such evidence includes, but is not limited to form i-94, arrival/departure record, form
    i-512 with completed arrival stamp or a copy of the non immigration visa page of your passport showing admission to the USA.

I had sent in a copy of a FOIA request for I-94 initially so i am not sure why they are asking for more info, is the FOIA just not enough? i have nothing else, i lost my passport and visa and have nothing but the FOIA.
    The FOIA request alone is not proof of admission. Did you remeber your passport #? If you can remember it and you entered the US in the last 5 years you can access CBP's website for an electronic copy of your I-94
    This link will explain how to do it: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
      The FOIA request alone is not proof of admission. Did you remeber your passport #? If you can remember it and you entered the US in the last 5 years you can access CBP's website for an electronic copy of your I-94
      This link will explain how to do it: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

CBP website only goes back 5 years, i lost my i94 permit, passport and visa, my only options now is to submit a i-102 which can take me 3 months to get and i have 87 days for the RFE, now im considering what to do if my petition gets denied, or if i could submit a receipt notification from the i-102 and an explanation letter for the foia as a response.

Comment

CBP website only goes back 5 years, i lost my i94 permit, passport and visa, my only options now is to submit a i-102 which can take me 3 months to get and i have 87 days for the RFE, now im considering what to do if my petition gets denied, or if i could submit a receipt notification from the i-102 and an explanation letter for the foia as a response.
        Then you don't have a choice other than filing an I-102.
        I also lost my passport including attachments I-94 and Visa, DS-2019 but I had high quality color copies. In this case I requested FOIA and submitted all at once
        FOIA itself is not an official proof of entry, therefore you got the RFE. VISA is a proof of legal entry, entry stamp is. I-94 is but not foia

Comment

They got it on 3/21/17
          I received RFE on 4/7/17

Hi, I’m currently in the same boat. I mailed the I-102 last Thursday and am currently waiting. What happened with your case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X