Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitting tax documentation

Hello,

The letter my spouse and I received is requiring me to send my 2016 tax documents. I sent my 2014 and 2015 returns in our first packet, but at that time I was a student and or earning below the legal limit of poverty. My 2016 return has yet to be filed but I am going to meet with my accountant this weekend to get it all ready to file this Monday.

I'm waiting to file my returns because my small business has been extended due to my accountant being busy. He will be filing the K-1 for me.

I will be filing for around $26,000 in 2016 and I do not want a joint sponsor.

Will it be an issue that my taxes have not been formally reviewed by the IRS before I send all my tax documents to the IRS? Can I just send in the tax documents without receiving my actual return?

Thank you!

-ethan32167

Originally posted by ethan32167 View Post
    Hello,

The letter my spouse and I received is requiring me to send my 2016 tax documents. I sent my 2014 and 2015 returns in our first packet, but at that time I was a student and or earning below the legal limit of poverty. My 2016 return has yet to be filed but I am going to meet with my accountant this weekend to get it all ready to file this Monday.

I'm waiting to file my returns because my small business has been extended due to my accountant being busy. He will be filing the K-1 for me.

I will be filing for around $26,000 in 2016 and I do not want a joint sponsor.

Will it be an issue that my taxes have not been formally reviewed by the IRS before I send all my tax documents to the IRS? Can I just send in the tax documents without receiving my actual return?

Thank you!

-ethan32167
    I don't understand why you are filing a K1? Are you with a business partner or a trust benficiary?
    The RFE is asking you to provide provable income either in the form of W-2's or a combination of your 1040.
    You also have to be able to provide proof of the income you are now earning and can project for 2017.
    $26 K is just barely above poverty line for a household of 2.
    As long as you don't undergo an audit you can submit your completed 2016 tax return as soon as you can.
    Last edited by Adrian Gruber; 04-07-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

No don't worry, my husband sent tax documents that hadn't been reviewed by the irs and we were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sashaacosta23 View Post
        No don't worry, my husband sent tax documents that hadn't been reviewed by the irs and we were fine.
        That's great to know. Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
          Just a bit curious here. When did you filed/submitted your docs?
          Because we also just submitted and might need the 2016 Tax Returns of my husband.
          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by faith888 View Post
            Hi,
            Just a bit curious here. When did you filed/submitted your docs?
            Because we also just submitted and might need the 2016 Tax Returns of my husband.
            Thank you.
            Hello,

We sent our documents in the first week of March. It took the USCIS about a month to send us the notice of rejection (requiring more tax documentation from me or giving me the oppurtunity to find a joint sponsor).

Update:

I will have my taxes completed today or tomorrow but I will just submit copies of the documents. I am using my brother as a joint sponsor.

Another person commented and said that they submitted drafts of their tax return. They were successful and the USCIS did not say anything about the tax documents just being drafts.

Hope that helps!

Ethan

Comment

Hello,

We sent our documents in the first week of March. It took the USCIS about a month to send us the notice of rejection (requiring more tax documentation from me or giving me the oppurtunity to find a joint sponsor).

Update:

I will have my taxes completed today or tomorrow but I will just submit copies of the documents. I am using my brother as a joint sponsor.

Another person commented and said that they submitted drafts of their tax return. They were successful and the USCIS did not say anything about the tax documents just being drafts.

Hope that helps!

Ethan
              Thanks so much for your answer. We/I sent our docs first week of March too. We/I sent 2013, 2014, 2015 Tax Returns. Had received my Biometric Appointment already.
              Did you received your RFE after you're done with your Biometric?
              (Sorry for asking too much!) Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Update:

Hope that helps!

Ethan
                All will works out for you! Let's all be positive and patient.

Comment

Originally posted by faith888 View Post
                  Thanks so much for your answer. We/I sent our docs first week of March too. We/I sent 2013, 2014, 2015 Tax Returns. Had received my Biometric Appointment already.
                  Did you received your RFE after you're done with your Biometric?
                  (Sorry for asking too much!) Thank you.

We are doing Biometrics on the 21st.
                  And trying to submit the tax returns from 2016 with a joint sponsor before that!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X