Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOST DS-2019 for I-485. What are my actions in case of RFE

Hi,

I'm on H-1B and my attorney just filed I-485(AOS). The problem is that 10 years ago I was on J-1 visa (work and travel) and now I lost my DS-2019 form. I tried to obtain it by all possible ways (agency, embassy, FOIA) but no luck. Actually my J-1 passport visa says I'm NOT subject for 2 year rule, but I've heard even though visa says so USCIS will most likely issue an RFE. I just don't know how to act upon that. I haven't kept any documents related to my J-1 visa program, because it was 10 years ago, except passport visa.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation and what was the solution? Any experience sharing will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by HrachG View Post
    Hi,

I'm on H-1B and my attorney just filed I-485(AOS). The problem is that 10 years ago I was on J-1 visa (work and travel) and now I lost my DS-2019 form. I tried to obtain it by all possible ways (agency, embassy, FOIA) but no luck. Actually my J-1 passport visa says I'm NOT subject for 2 year rule, but I've heard even though visa says so USCIS will most likely issue an RFE. I just don't know how to act upon that. I haven't kept any documents related to my J-1 visa program, because it was 10 years ago, except passport visa.

Has anyone been in this kind of situation and what was the solution? Any experience sharing will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, i am having same issue. keep making resource but couldn't find any helpful information yet. Did you find a solution? Did that affect your adjustment of status process?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X