Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 and I-485 concurrent / I-130 approved

Hi,
    On 10/2015 we submit I-130 / I-485/ I-131 all together .
    12/2015 - biometrics done , medical done
    09/2016 - interview done. Went well - she just asked us to give her my spouse's criminal court paper ! That is !
    Long story short, ok I submit inquiry about my case "longer than normal processing time"
    And finally on 03/14/17 I got the phone call from USCIS IO told me that I need to re-do my biometrics and medical exam that they can have further decision on the case.
    A week after that call we received in mail I-130 approval ( on check status still shown nothing )

Is it likely to be I-485 approved when I submit all docs need to them ?
    I know it sounds predictable (or not) ... but need some advice/ sharing about our case.
    And what does it mean I-130 approval itself?
    (I used to afraid they may hold us back due to my spouse's criminal background , but guess what , I-130 approved it does mean that does nothing to our case correct? )

Thank you
    Last edited by Kanezee; 04-09-2017, 07:27 PM.

It sounds like your I-130 approval is routine, but your I-485 is still in a review mode waiting for an interview date to be available. Were you given an appointment to redo your biometrics? Were you also told to resubmit a medical exam? If so, perhaps you did not provide a sealed envelope exam originally, or it wasn't completed properly by the doctor you used.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Kanezee View Post
    Hi,
    Long story short, ok I submit inquiry about my case "longer than normal processing time"
    And finally on 03/14/17 I got the phone call from USCIS IO told me that I need to re-do my biometrics and medical exam that they can have further decision on the case.
    A week after that call we received in mail I-130 approval ( on check status still shown nothing )

I know it sounds predictable (or not) ... but need some advice/ sharing about our case.
    (I used to afraid they may hold us back due to my spouse's criminal background , but guess what , I-130 approved it does mean that does nothing to our case correct)

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      It sounds like your I-130 approval is routine, but your I-485 is still in a review mode waiting for an interview date to be available. Were you given an appointment to redo your biometrics? Were you also told to resubmit a medical exam? If so, perhaps you did not provide a sealed envelope exam originally, or it wasn't completed properly by the doctor you used.

--Ray B
      My bad I was not clear on info , i had our interview on 09/2016 already !

Comment

Any idea please ?

Comment

Have you submitted the medical exsm that was requested on 3/14/2017?
          Was the updated Biometrics requested for you or your husband?

--Ray B

--Ray B

Comment

Have you submitted the medical exsm that was requested on 3/14/2017?
            Was the updated Biometrics requested for you or your husband?

--Ray B
            Its for me . Well thats what im wonder because I-130 has been approved .. I can understand the medical part because its over a year. But biometrics again for me is weird

Comment

Requests for new Biometrics are not unusual, for fingerprinting.

-Ray B

Its for me . Well thats what im wonder because I-130 has been approved .. I can understand the medical part because its over a year. But biometrics again for me is weird

Comment

Requests for new Biometrics are not unusual, for fingerprinting.

-Ray B
                Well, just asking, I though they have already took one when they first approved the EAD card.

Comment

Same here

Hi,
                  12/2015 - biometrics done , medical done
                  09/2016 - interview done. Went well - she just asked us to give her my spouse's criminal court paper ! That is !

(I used to afraid they may hold us back due to my spouse's criminal background , but guess what , I-130 approved it does mean that does nothing to our case correct? )

Thank you
                  I have the same issue, on July 2015 we applied concurrently I-130 and i-485. Fast forward, we had interview on January 2016 and OI said my previous marriage was not terminated properly because the USCIS has stopped accepting that divorce paper alone and I needed to register my divorce, so I hired an attorney and we registered the divorce and sent it to them on October 2016. Never heard anything from them again after numerous attempt.
                  Then on April 10, 2017 we receive an approval notice of the i-130 and another letter requesting for a new medicals to be done and sent to them.
                  Now my wife and I are skeptical as to whether after sending the medical report to them they going to approve the i-485 or they going to schedule another interview again. Someone told me they could just send the GC after they receive the medicalsame.
                  Any advice or opinion please guys. We confused.

Comment

Originally posted by batyblazz View Post
                    I have the same issue, on July 2015 we applied concurrently I-130 and i-485. Fast forward, we had interview on January 2016 and OI said my previous marriage was not terminated properly because the USCIS has stopped accepting that divorce paper alone and I needed to register my divorce, so I hired an attorney and we registered the divorce and sent it to them on October 2016. Never heard anything from them again after numerous attempt.
                    Then on April 10, 2017 we receive an approval notice of the i-130 and another letter requesting for a new medicals to be done and sent to them.
                    Now my wife and I are skeptical as to whether after sending the medical report to them they going to approve the i-485 or they going to schedule another interview again. Someone told me they could just send the GC after they receive the medicalsame.
                    Any advice or opinion please guys. We confused.
                    Finally i got someone w same boat, yes it may be likely to be approved since we submit everything to me ! thats what i would think about ! so keep praying, and I do believe that since I-130 approved, there should be no more interview, because I-130 itself concludes that they approve your marriage is bona fide.

*** anyone please correct me if there is some wrong point in my comment

Comment

any idea?

Comment

Divorce not registered?

Originally posted by batyblazz View Post
                        ........ we had interview on January 2016 and OI said my previous marriage was not terminated properly because the USCIS has stopped accepting that divorce paper alone and I needed to register my divorce, so I hired an attorney and we registered the divorce and sent it to them on October 2016. Never heard anything from them again after numerous attempt.
                        What do you mean that your divorce needed to be registered. For which country is this?

Thank you.

Update: Found this: https://www.immihelp.com/marriage-ce...a-immigration/

- - - Updated - - -

.........and I do believe that since I-130 approved, there should be no more interview, because I-130 itself concludes that they approve your marriage is bona fide.
                        t
                        I-130 is just the first step in the process.

You still need to file the other paperwork, if you haven't already and an interview is very likely in your future as the final step of the process. There is a nice flow diagram of the process at the bottom of this page: https://travel.state.gov/contenthttp...t-process.html
                        Last edited by NettieL; 04-17-2017, 08:55 PM.
                        Not legal advice.

Comment

Please let me know of any updates

Finally i got someone w same boat, yes it may be likely to be approved since we submit everything to me ! thats what i would think about ! so keep praying, and I do believe that since I-130 approved, there should be no more interview, because I-130 itself concludes that they approve your marriage is bona fide.

*** anyone please correct me if there is some wrong point in my comment
                          please let me know how yours goes through if I hear anything too I will quickly update you. Goodluck bro

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X