I-864 Affadavit of Support Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-864 Affadavit of Support Help

I am filing for adjustment of status (currently the i-864) for my wife and I am an american citizen. At the job I currently work, I make salary and make over 125% of the poverty level so i only need to write my salary down and not include her income. However, i also must provide my recent tax returns, and my tax returns do not indicate the salary I make because I was a full time college student working part time. I graduated May 2016 and Recently got a full time salary job in Nov 2016 paying hourly. In February I was promoted and was put on salary but my 2016 tax return for that company does not indicate that. The best thing I could do is have my boss write a letter of verification saying that the salary I stated is correct and he signed and put his address. Is there anything else I need to do?

Also, will my wife have to submit her taxes or tax returns for the adjustment of status if I make more than what is needed to support her?

Thank you

Include as many pay stubs for your current job and currently salary as you have. Also include the employer letter.

If you are not counting your wife's income on your I-864, then you don't need anything from her.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X