Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a joint sponsor

Hello!

My brother has agreed to be a joint sponsor for my husband. Originally I thought that I would not need his sponsorship for my husband because I was right at the threshold for yearly income, however we received a letter back saying they needed more information. I did not have my 2016 at the time I sent in my original I-864 return because my brother is my accountant and he filed for an extension for his and my tax returns to focus on his clients. When I sent in my paperwork the first time, it was rejected because I wasnt able to send my 2016 return and my 2015 and 2014 returns did not reflect a high enough income.

I am 25 year old recent college graduate so I don't have any assets, mortgages, or large amount of cash in bank account to to show more financial stability.

I helped my brother complete his I-864. We will be sending the USCIS the following:

-brother's I-864
    -his most recent tax returns (draft for 2016 because he is an accountant and filed after extending his personal return)
    -my 2016 return showing adjusted income (also a draft because we just filed)
    -brother's W-2
    -K1 for brother (business partners)
    -K1 for myself (brother and I are business partners for a small business)
    -1099 for brother
    -photo copy of passport and state driver's liscense from brother

Do I need to provide any passport photos for him?

Do I need to send in another I-864 for myself?

Should I still send a copy of bank statements going back a year?

Thank you very much in advance - I reall appreciate it!

Sincerely,

Ethan

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X