Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with RFE to establish good faith marriage - I'm unable to get more evidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with RFE to establish good faith marriage - I'm unable to get more evidence

Hello,
    I just received a Request for Evidence in response to the I-751 I filed almost a year ago. Basically the notice says I have not established that the marriage was entered in good faith. My problem is that we don't have most of the documents that USCIS would consider as evidence of a good faith marriage because of our financial situation. Has anyone been in the same situation ?

Here is what I have sent with the original petition:
    - Taxes filed as a married couple.
    - Auto insurance policy with both our names.
    - Rent agreement for our home with both our names.
    - Utility bills (none of them have both our names on them, some have my name, some have his and some have the landlord's name but they all have the same address)
    - Bank statements - We only use one account in my name and the bank statements show expenses consistent with a couple living together.
    - Some affidavits and pictures of us together.
    - Phone records that show us texting and calling each otherns number regularly.

The main issue is that my husband is unemployed and any income in his name can get garnished by the state. So opening a joint bank account is not an option (and I have explained this in a letter when originally filing the petition and sent evidence of the intent to garnish). We have been living on a small income so there are no major purchases done together, no vacation, no evidence of us planning a wedding since we had a small ceremony, no loans and no mortgage. We can't afford life insurance or medical coverage and don't have any children.

The only additional evidence I can send USCIS at this point would be utility bills with both our names (since I could contact each company and have them change the names on the bills) and we could open a joint credit card account. And my husband gets food stamps through the state so I can send paperwork with me listed as his spouse. I can also send more recent pictures, phone records of us calling each other, screenshots of us interacting on social media and more affidavits - but from what I understand these don't have the same weight as a joint bank account.

I don't think the additional evidence I can submit would be enough. Any suggestions? And I've been in the US long enough to qualify for naturalization but there probably isn't a way to file N-400 and get approved for naturalization if I have a pending I-751? The notice says I have three months to submit the additional evidence - can I request more time?

Any help or advice from someone who has been in a similar situation would be really appreciated!
    Thanks

Just some ideas that might be helpful:

- more, way more pictures of you two together (maybe family events, wedding/honeymoon, any pictures really)
    - ask family members and/or friends write a letter (to include that they know both of you, how they met you, what that can say about you two as a couple, maybe they been to your wedding/birthday, etc), the more letters the better
    - collect receipts (gifts you bought each other, hotel stays, even grocery shopping ones!)
    - maybe you have any cards that you both received for your wedding from family/friends
    - make a wedding/honeymoon album (to bring to your interview)
    - aaaaall the bills (phone bills, car loans, car insurance, utility bills, anything you pay)
    - social media print out (like mutual ******** pictures/ events)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X