Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you will get it in your mail within 5-7 working days

Originally posted by HollaMe View Post
    On August 1, 2017, we sent a response to your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SR YYYY YYYY MSC.

I saw the update above on my case history, please what means do they use in sending the response because i checked my email and no feedback. Was the response sent via post?

Anyone with experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by CEO2 View Post
      you will get it in your mail within 5-7 working days
      Thanks CEO2, any ideas of what the feedback is like? I am on 95 days now, no RFE or RFIE.

Comment

• I don't know, you will just have to wait for it, waiting for mine too, I'm on 101 days now

Thanks CEO2, any ideas of what the feedback is like? I am on 95 days now, no RFE or RFIE.

Comment

• Originally posted by atticus17 View Post
          Hi all,

Also an April concurrent filer through marriage.

Received date - April 13th
          Notice date - April 20th
          Biometric date - May 17th
          I-485 status updated to Ready to Schedule an interview on May 30th.

No movement on EAD/AP. I raised an SR last week, and hasn't been assigned to an officer yet. It's been 110 days today.
          Keep the faith. 111 days days today and I received notification that EAD card ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

111 days today and I got 9 text messages and 1 email. EAD card has been ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

On August 1, 2017, we sent a response to your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SR YYYY YYYY MSC.

I saw the update above on my case history, please what means do they use in sending the response because i checked my email and no feedback. Was the response sent via post?

Anyone with experience?
          Same experience. Reply to SR simply said your case is under review by an officer. Wait for a decision or action soon. 2 days later I get card ordered text and email. It will come

Comment

• Hello,
            I am from Seattle. I have been following you all for quite some time and now decided to share my timeline and issues in my case processing as I feel like i am going to go insane soon haha. The matter is that i have not even received my biometrics appointment notice since filing on April 27, 2017.

04/27/2017 Priority Date, USCIS received the concurrently filed I485, I130 and I765 (Chicago lockbox)
            05/18/2017 RFE (I130a supplemental form was missing)
            05/26/2017 RFE response received by USCIS in Lee's Summit
            07/11/2017 SR#1 raised via Tier 1 representative (biometrics notice that i have not received)
            07/12/2017 SR#1 assigned to an officer for response (response due 07/28/2017)
            07/28/2017 SR#1 assigned to an officer again!!! (they basically extended their response due date)
            08/08/2017 INFOPASS scheduled at Seattle APC

I called the Tier 2 officers and they assure me the case is being worked on, but its so overdue. Day 97 and still no biometrics notice, no response to RFE or anything at all. I read some people have also had issues with biometrics but i am wondering if anyone can give me any more information. I wanted to request to expedite my case but am worried it can jeopardize everything (I have no job offer, only a serious financial hardship due to spent savings, low credit card money, and the need to get a car. So i am worried to get RFE if i try to expedite. Or what if USCIS later uses it against my spouse's ability to financially support me?)

Does anyone know, if i try to expedite, which category should i choose in my case when speaking to a rep on the phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by azblk View Post
              Keep the faith. 111 days days today and I received notification that EAD card ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

111 days today and I got 9 text messages and 1 email. EAD card has been ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

Same experience. Reply to SR simply said your case is under review by an officer. Wait for a decision or action soon. 2 days later I get card ordered text and email. It will come
              this gives me hope! we have a similar timeline, I'm on day 105, still no update on EAD. Hopefully it will come soon. What was your service center? Mine is at national benefits center.

Comment

• Service Request vs Congress Contact

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                this gives me hope! we have a similar timeline, I'm on day 105, still no update on EAD. Hopefully it will come soon. What was your service center? Mine is at national benefits center.

I might be wrong but i think raising SR is not always a good gamble rather contacting congress person will likely yield a better result. After raising SR, they waste time to assign the request to officer and you end up getting a generic answer that your case is under review. i am already on 96 days, i regret not contacting my congress person after the 75 days, i actually did this morning and the congress officer sent me a form to fill out to enable them pursue the case.

They say lost time is never found again, my piece of advice to those approaching 75 days is to contact your congress person and also raise SR the same time. I just feel SR is a USCIS tactics to buy more time.

NBC is my centre too

My opinion and not a legal advise pls.
                Last edited by HollaMe; 08-02-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HollaMe View Post
                  I just feel SR is a USCIS tactics to buy more time.

NBC is my centre too
                  i think so too

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by eugeniam View Post
                  Hello,
                  I am from Seattle. I have been following you all for quite some time and now decided to share my timeline and issues in my case processing as I feel like i am going to go insane soon haha. The matter is that i have not even received my biometrics appointment notice since filing on April 27, 2017.

04/27/2017 Priority Date, USCIS received the concurrently filed I485, I130 and I765 (Chicago lockbox)
                  05/18/2017 RFE (I130a supplemental form was missing)
                  05/26/2017 RFE response received by USCIS in Lee's Summit
                  07/11/2017 SR#1 raised via Tier 1 representative (biometrics notice that i have not received)
                  07/12/2017 SR#1 assigned to an officer for response (response due 07/28/2017)
                  07/28/2017 SR#1 assigned to an officer again!!! (they basically extended their response due date)
                  08/08/2017 INFOPASS scheduled at Seattle APC

I called the Tier 2 officers and they assure me the case is being worked on, but its so overdue. Day 97 and still no biometrics notice, no response to RFE or anything at all. I read some people have also had issues with biometrics but i am wondering if anyone can give me any more information. I wanted to request to expedite my case but am worried it can jeopardize everything (I have no job offer, only a serious financial hardship due to spent savings, low credit card money, and the need to get a car. So i am worried to get RFE if i try to expedite. Or what if USCIS later uses it against my spouse's ability to financially support me?)

Does anyone know, if i try to expedite, which category should i choose in my case when speaking to a rep on the phone?
                  contact congressman

Comment

• Thank you

I am in Tucson I think it would be faster but it looks like nope, like you said lots of people still waiting for their EAD my husband did it for the I-485, I wait for the mail everyday at the door good luck for you too!

Originally posted by Lupigirl View Post
                    We have very similar timelines. My PD is May 4th and I did biometrics on June 1st. I'm also in Arizona. I've heard nothing since my biometrics appointment, so I definitely think your case being ready to be scheduled for interview is due to your expedite request. I believe at that point your file was sent to your field office (Phoenix?) so you could probably make an infopass appointment and talk to someone who might know more about your case. Lots of people who filed when you did are still waiting for their EAD's, so I don't think your expedite request slowed down that process. Did you request an EAD expedite or just an I-485 expedite?

Comment

• Originally posted by atticus17 View Post
                      Hi all,

Also an April concurrent filer through marriage.

Received date - April 13th
                      Notice date - April 20th
                      Biometric date - May 17th
                      I-485 status updated to Ready to Schedule an interview on May 30th.

No movement on EAD/AP. I raised an SR last week, and hasn't been assigned to an officer yet. It's been 110 days today.
                      Did you get your travel doc?
                      I heard from my immigration service office that lots of EDA was rejected and returned the application even thought the filling got nothing wrong. I paid all the fee and resubmitted EDA 3 times but never heard anything from them.
                      Seems like something is going with the EDA, my case is ready for an interview in June too but haven't heard about the appointment notification yet. Good luck and keep us updated

Comment

• Originally posted by copbass View Post
                        Did you get your travel doc?
                        I heard from my immigration service office that lots of EDA was rejected and returned the application even thought the filling got nothing wrong. I paid all the fee and resubmitted EDA 3 times but never heard anything from them.
                        Seems like something is going with the EDA, my case is ready for an interview in June too but haven't heard about the appointment notification yet. Good luck and keep us updated
                        No. Haven't received travel or EAD. Hoping that this is the week! I'm on day 113 now.

Comment

• Married: June 22, 2014
                          I-485/I-765 Mailed: April 4, 2017 (Chicago)
                          Received Package: April 6, 2017
                          Priority Date: April 11, 2017
                          Notice Date: April 13, 2017
                          Biometrics Complete: May 25, 2017 (Anchorage)
                          Interview Letter: June 9, 2017
                          Email Approving EAD: June 22, 2017
                          Email Approving AP: June 23, 2017
                          Letter Approving EAD/AP: June 26, 2017
                          Email EAD/AP Card Mailed: June 26, 2017
                          Received EAD/AP Card: June 30, 2017
                          Interview Date: July 27, 2017 (Anchorage)
                          Approval Updated on USCIS: July 28, 2017
                          Card Being Produced Email: July 28, 2017
                          Card Mailed: August 2, 2017

Comment

• Wow! Fast! Congratulations!

Originally posted by HOOT View Post
                            Married: June 22, 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by HOOT View Post
                              Married: June 22, 2014
                              Congratulations. That was very quick

Comment

• Originally posted by kayleigh View Post
                                Wow!!! Congratulations! So happy for you guys. =) Would you mind sharing the questions they ask during the interview?
                                Thank you!

After taking the oath, she started off by asking my wife her full name, where she was born, etc. Then she asked her the same about me. After that, she just went through the application reconfirming everything we filled out. Then she turned to me and asked about how we met and our story. We gave her a brief history of us. Lastly, she went through my part of the application confirming all my answers.

Overall, it was pretty obvious stuff. However, when waiting in the lobby, we did see them separate some couples.

She was VERY suspicious of us! I guess it is odd to have a couple wait three years to apply for a green card and second she felt I came in falsely due to me having an F1 and married to an American. She was not very happy with the person who checked me coming in from spring break. She was saying he should have asked more questions but how would he know to ask someone if they are married if they are going to school in a different country?

My advice is to bring lots of documentation, all originals of anything you sent, a good amount of photos showing a timeline of the relationship, and most importantly only answer what is asked. Do not try and ramble explaining things. Be to the point! I felt when we got a bit off track she would start digging deeper. She originally was going to delay my application because I didn't have a long form birth certificate and my wife ask "can he be approved and then send it in?" and she quickly came back "why is it so important for him to get approved now?". However, my wife meant it as in 'do we have to drive back 6 hours to Anchorage for another interview?' and can the approval be pending until the documents arrive.

Honestly, it felt like she was looking for anything to deny my application. And I understand that is her job, so I was all right with it and happy with the result. By the time we were wrapping up we had got talking about our cats and showing pictures. She was a very lovely lady, although intimidating!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X