Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mailed my AOS earlier than FINAL ACTION DATES on Visa Bulletin. What will happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailed my AOS earlier than FINAL ACTION DATES on Visa Bulletin. What will happen?

My priority date for AOS (approved I-130 for unmarried children of US citizen) became current on table for "Dates for filing family sponsored visa application", so I went ahead and mailed my application(along with EAD/AP). But apparently for this month applicants should go with Final Action Date. Will they reject my application right off the bat or at least process my EAD?

They should reject it.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      They should reject it.
      I thought they will hold on to it till the visa becomes available and that's why the table is called "Date for Filing ...". So once I get the application back I will have to wait till visa becomes available based on the Final Action table?
      Last edited by Bigm; 05-01-2017, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Nope. Those are the Department of State's tables and are involved in the Consular Processing process. You are doing Adjustment of Status which is not handled by the Department of State and you do not look at those tables.

Comment

Nope. Those are the Department of State's tables and are involved in the Consular Processing process. You are doing Adjustment of Status which is not handled by the Department of State and you do not look at those tables.
          Darn! so I have been looking at a wrong place. Where should I look at then?

Comment

Every month USCIS chooses one of the two Department of State charts to use for AOS for that month, and publishes it here. The pattern has been that for the first few months of each fiscal year (fiscal years start in October), they will be Date for Filing, and at some point in the middle of the fiscal year it switches to Final Action Date (it switches at a different point for family-based and employment-based categories), and the last few months of each fiscal year will be Final Action Date.

Comment

Every month USCIS chooses one of the two Department of State charts to use for AOS for that month, and publishes it here. The pattern has been that for the first few months of each fiscal year (fiscal years start in October), they will be Date for Filing, and at some point in the middle of the fiscal year it switches to Final Action Date (it switches at a different point for family-based and employment-based categories), and the last few months of each fiscal year will be Final Action Date.
              Gotcha. So basically I will have to wait a few more months and that Filing table doesnt do me any good. Thanks for the answer @newacct.
              Last edited by Bigm; 05-01-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigm View Post
                Gotcha. So basically I will have to wait a few more months and that Filing table doesnt do me any good. Thanks for the answer @newacct.
                yes

Comment

Today I received an email from USCIS. The email reads: "Your case status: Acceptance. On X, 2017, we sent you a duplicate notice about decision on your from I130 Receipt number X or describing how we will process the case if it is still pending" and it goes on. What does this email imply?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X