Eb1a I485 transferred from TSC to NSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ameagle View Post
    That?s very strange! When I went in for an infopass appointment (although it was for my ead), i asked them about the transfer but they just told me I should wait for the notice as these things change and they can?t see anything. That IO was particularly unhelpful though. When my friend went in, they told him that his was transferred to NBC and he never received his notice, so depends on the person you meet there.
    I hope you receive the notice. Mostly, if you get the ?another office...jurisdiction? status update, you do get a notice.
    Just one thought, may be your case has moved to that next stage where they eventually prepare it for an interview. Not everyone?s case is routed through nbc.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I just received the transfer notice for the transfer happened on Feb 26th, it says the case transferred to NBC. I am not sure why they immediately transferred to NSC on Feb 28th. I will update once I receive the transfer notice for that as well. Hope to receive it before my infopass appointment, so I can double check with them.

Have you received the EAD?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sudbon View Post
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I just received the transfer notice for the transfer happened on Feb 26th, it says the case transferred to NBC. I am not sure why they immediately transferred to NSC on Feb 28th. I will update once I receive the transfer notice for that as well. Hope to receive it before my infopass appointment, so I can double check with them.

Have you received the EAD?

Thanks.
      Yep, received it after 107 days. I hope you get a satisfactory answer from them. Did you receive your notice yet?

Comment

Yep, received it after 107 days. I hope you get a satisfactory answer from them. Did you receive your notice yet?
        That's good. Though the online status changed twice for my case (Feb 26th and Feb 28th), I only received one transfer notice, which says, "To speed up the processing, the case has been transferred to NBC". The automatic message on the phone says, the case has been transferred to Nebraska, Lincoln on Feb 28th. No official transfer notice received in this regards. Looking forward to get some answers from infopass appointment next week.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Ameagle, good to hear. I have not received the ead yet. I have got an rfe in-between and had responded back My wife's ead has come.

Comment

We went to the infopass appointment, he said the A files are at NBC and temporary files are at TSC. Glad to hear that they are not back to NSC, looks like the phone message can't be trusted. He didn't tell us about the background check, he said he cant see that information.
            Thanks.

Comment

We went to the infopass appointment, he said the A files are at NBC and temporary files are at TSC. Glad to hear that they are not back to NSC, looks like the phone message can't be trusted. He didn't tell us about the background check, he said he cant see that information.
              Thanks.
              Do you know what A file means? Congrats your application has moved and stayed at NBC.

Comment

Do you know what A file means? Congrats your application has moved and stayed at NBC.
                When I ask what is A file, he mentioned that the it is the paper copy of complete application that is submitted by us. TSC (the original service center) will keep a temporary copy it seems (which is referred to as temporary files).
                I have been issued an RFE last Friday as per the case status page, just waiting for the physical letter to see what it is. Little nervous...

Comment

When I ask what is A file, he mentioned that the it is the paper copy of complete application that is submitted by us. TSC (the original service center) will keep a temporary copy it seems (which is referred to as temporary files).
                  I have been issued an RFE last Friday as per the case status page, just waiting for the physical letter to see what it is. Little nervous...
                  Hey, hope you have got your rfe letter by now and isn?t too problematic. Do you know approximately how long after nbc transfer do you get an interview? I got a letter saying I need to bring my medical exam for the interview but no interview letter yet, neither any online case update after the another office has jurisdiction update.

Anyway, our biometrics appointment was almost 3 months after filing so sure it will introduce that much delay.
                  Last edited by Ameagle; 03-24-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hey, hope you have got your rfe letter by now and isn?t too problematic. Do you know approximately how long after nbc transfer do you get an interview? I got a letter saying I need to bring my medical exam for the interview but no interview letter yet, neither any online case update after the another office has jurisdiction update.

Anyway, our biometrics appointment was almost 3 months after filing so sure it will introduce that much delay.
                    My RFE is about I-485J (my I-140 is approved under EB1-B). We have included this already along with our I-485 petition, even then they put RFE to submit this form again. Still working on it with our lawyers.
                    One of my colleagues just received interview letter yesterday, no changes to online case updates. It took nearly 3 months for his case to schedule the interview after transferring to NBC. He did have some issues with fingerprinting, not sure if that is the reason for the delay. Hope you hear something from them soon.

Comment

My RFE is about I-485J (my I-140 is approved under EB1-B). We have included this already along with our I-485 petition, even then they put RFE to submit this form again. Still working on it with our lawyers.
                      One of my colleagues just received interview letter yesterday, no changes to online case updates. It took nearly 3 months for his case to schedule the interview after transferring to NBC. He did have some issues with fingerprinting, not sure if that is the reason for the delay. Hope you hear something from them soon.
                      Is this RFE about supplement J?

Comment

Originally posted by Usform007 View Post
                        Is this RFE about supplement J?
                        Yes, RFE says to submit a completed and signed I-485J form.

Comment

Yes, RFE says to submit a completed and signed I-485J form.
                          It is a requirement for you. If you still work with same employer there is nothing to worry about.

Comment

Thanks! Your rfe, although annoying, seems very straightforward which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Usform007 View Post
                              It is a requirement for you. If you still work with same employer there is nothing to worry about.
                              Thanks. The annoying factor here is we already submitted I-485J along with I-485 in October and I do have a case status number for I-485J. Anyway, our lawyers are going to deal with it next week.

A quick question- our company is in the process of merger & acquisitions and due to this, they divested us. That is, technically, I will be working in the same duties but for another employer and the job is guaranteed. This will eventually happen in May and by then, my I-485 will be pending for more than 180 days. Our lawyers said, there is nothing to worry and all I need to do is submit another I-485J from the new company. Is this going to be the case or does it create any more troubles in the process? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Your rfe, although annoying, seems very straightforward which is good.
                              Yes, it is a straightforward RFE. Glad for that. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks. The annoying factor here is we already submitted I-485J along with I-485 in October and I do have a case status number for I-485J. Anyway, our lawyers are going to deal with it next week.

A quick question- our company is in the process of merger & acquisitions and due to this, they divested us. That is, technically, I will be working in the same duties but for another employer and the job is guaranteed. This will eventually happen in May and by then, my I-485 will be pending for more than 180 days. Our lawyers said, there is nothing to worry and all I need to do is submit another I-485J from the new company. Is this going to be the case or does it create any more troubles in the process? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is a straightforward RFE. Glad for that. Thanks.
                                It was an expected RFE therefore nothing to worry about. Your attorney should know what to do. They may still reuqest another J before making final decision.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X