Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eb1a I485 transferred from TSC to NSC

Dear all,

My EB1A 140 was approved 1/3/2017 and I filed I485 on 1/17/2017 to Texas center as I work and live in Florida. I have contacted congressman regarding my case and got to know that my case was transferred to Nebraska center. I have not receive any update from USCIS yet. The congressman wrote to me:

The congressinal Liasion office contacted the Texas Service Center regarding
    your case and was informed that the I485 will be adjudicated at the LIN
    service center, however the A file is at the Texas Service Center. A request
    for the A file was made and once a decision have been made, we will notify
    you.

What is the reason the case was transferred? And what is A file? Will it delay the adjudication because TSC is currently faster than NSC. Thanks in advance!

I filed my EB-1A I-485 through the Texas lockbox on Jan 11th 2017 (as was the correct location to do so), and it was routed to NSC. So, presumably NSC handles all, or a certain number, of the EB-1As that originate at the Texas lock box.

Yes, I believe it means that you and I will have a longer wait than we would have had at TX. Currently it looks like I'm tracking for September approval (+8 months), but that's assuming the processing times remain constant...

Comment

Originally posted by a1be View Post
      I filed my EB-1A I-485 through the Texas lockbox on Jan 11th 2017 (as was the correct location to do so), and it was routed to NSC. So, presumably NSC handles all, or a certain number, of the EB-1As that originate at the Texas lock box.

Yes, I believe it means that you and I will have a longer wait than we would have had at TX. Currently it looks like I'm tracking for September approval (+8 months), but that's assuming the processing times remain constant...
      Thanks for the reply. And we seem can't do anything but wait. Please let me know any updates you will have. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by xwei1026 View Post
        Dear all,

My EB1A 140 was approved 1/3/2017 and I filed I485 on 1/17/2017 to Texas center as I work and live in Florida. I have contacted congressman regarding my case and got to know that my case was transferred to Nebraska center. I have not receive any update from USCIS yet. The congressman wrote to me:

The congressinal Liasion office contacted the Texas Service Center regarding
        your case and was informed that the I485 will be adjudicated at the LIN
        service center, however the A file is at the Texas Service Center. A request
        for the A file was made and once a decision have been made, we will notify
        you.

What is the reason the case was transferred? And what is A file? Will it delay the adjudication because TSC is currently faster than NSC. Thanks in advance!
        Any update on your case? My EB1 case (approved I-140) is transferred from TSC to NSC and the reason specified in the transfer notice is "the case transferred as part of standard processing". Just wondering if you have received any transfer notice, if so, what doe it say?

Comment

Originally posted by sudbon View Post
          Any update on your case? My EB1 case (approved I-140) is transferred from TSC to NSC and the reason specified in the transfer notice is "the case transferred as part of standard processing". Just wondering if you have received any transfer notice, if so, what doe it say?
          Hi, my i-485 (eb1a approved) was also transferred from TSC to NSC. I didn’t know this actually means longer processing times . How much longer would it take compared to TSC you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by Ameagle View Post
            Hi, my i-485 (eb1a approved) was also transferred from TSC to NSC. I didn’t know this actually means longer processing times . How much longer would it take compared to TSC you reckon?
            Thats sad! At least did you get the EAD?

Comment

When did your case transferred to NSC? Mine transferred on Dec 18th. Did you receive the transfer notice in the mail? If so, what is the reason given for transfer?
              I have been hearing that it is taking 7-8 months at TSC, but NSC it adds at least couple of more months processing time. Some people who submitted I-485 along with me (first week of October) at TSC already had their interview scheduled for January, whereas for people applied at NSC, no progress as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Usform007 View Post
                Thats sad! At least did you get the EAD?
                No EAD either

- - - Updated - - -

When did your case transferred to NSC? Mine transferred on Dec 18th. Did you receive the transfer notice in the mail? If so, what is the reason given for transfer?
                I have been hearing that it is taking 7-8 months at TSC, but NSC it adds at least couple of more months processing time. Some people who submitted I-485 along with me (first week of October) at TSC already had their interview scheduled for January, whereas for people applied at NSC, no progress as of yet.
                Just standard processing... doesn't help much.

Comment

No EAD either

- - - Updated - - -

Just standard processing... doesn't help much.
                  My case has moved to NBC now, any thoughts?

Comment

My case has moved to NBC now, any thoughts?
                    It's a good news that case transferred to NBC. Next step would be that the case will move to field office and an interview will be scheduled if background check clears. This can be done in 1 week or may take a month...
                    By the way, did you receive transfer notice for this change?

Can you give the timeline for your case? When is the received date at TSC -> When did the case transferred to NSC -> how long it took to move from NSC to NBC?
                    I just want to compare with mine. It would be very helpful to me.

Thanks.
                    Last edited by sudbon; 01-29-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

It's a good news that case transferred to NBC. Next step would be that the case will move to field office and an interview will be scheduled if background check clears. This can be done in 1 week or may take a month...
                      By the way, did you receive transfer notice for this change?

Can you give the timeline for your case? When is the received date at TSC -> When did the case transferred to NSC -> how long it took to move from NSC to NBC?
                      I just want to compare with mine. It would be very helpful to me.

Thanks.
                      Sure, filed on nov 8th, fingerprining fee received on nov 14
                      No biometrics appointment at all so far!
                      Jan 5: SR for biometrics
                      Jan 8: response that biometrics will be scheduled (still nothing so far)
                      Jan 11: infopass appointment for biometrics, informed that TSC is really strict about scheduling biometrics their own way so can’t help from here but strangely she said that background checks were already started on Jan 5th.
                      Jan 19: “Case transferred to another office”
                      Jan 24: notice received that transferred to NSC for “standard processing”
                      Jan 25: Online update that “case transferred to another office and a new office has jurisdiction.” Same day called the automated line and it said case transferred to National Benefits Center at Lee Summit, MO.

The bizarre thing is that I have not got a biometrics appointment yet, so certainly no interview before that and it’s very hard to gauge what’s taking so long. The only solace is that background checks have already started.

Btw, eb1a was approved in May if that’s relevant.
                      Last edited by Ameagle; 01-29-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Sure, filed on nov 8th, fingerprining fee received on nov 14
                        No biometrics appointment at all so far!
                        Jan 5: SR for biometrics
                        Jan 8: response that biometrics will be scheduled (still nothing so far)
                        Jan 11: infopass appointment for biometrics, informed that TSC is really strict about scheduling biometrics their own way so can’t help from here but strangely she said that background checks were already started on Jan 5th.
                        Jan 19: “Case transferred to another office”
                        Jan 24: notice received that transferred to NSC for “standard processing”
                        Jan 25: Online update that “case transferred to another office and a new office has jurisdiction.” Same day called the automated line and it said case transferred to National Benefits Center at Lee Summit, MO.

The bizarre thing is that I have not got a biometrics appointment yet, so certainly no interview before that and it’s very hard to gauge what’s taking so long. The only solace is that background checks have already started.

Btw, eb1a was approved in May if that’s relevant.
                        Thank you for the details. Its strange that they have not scheduled you for biometrics. Try to raise SR again...
                        Our EADs are received, but it's been more than 40 days since the case has been transferred to NSC and no status update since then..
                        Good luck with yours..

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you for the details. Its strange that they have not scheduled you for biometrics. Try to raise SR again...
                          Our EADs are received, but it's been more than 40 days since the case has been transferred to NSC and no status update since then..
                          Good luck with yours..

Thanks.
                          Great, no problem. How long did your EADs take? Mine’s on day 84 now.

Comment

Great, no problem. How long did your EADs take? Mine’s on day 84 now.
                            It took nearly 100 days to get the EAD for me. We submitted on October 2nd, and EAD is approved on Jan 9th.

Comment

It took nearly 100 days to get the EAD for me. We submitted on October 2nd, and EAD is approved on Jan 9th.
                              I also got my NBC transfer notice today. It says the case was transferred “in order to speed up processing.” I guess then it was just traneferred because TSC was backlogged, not because an interview is nearby. I think from what I gathered, most people whose cases get transferred to NBC specifically to schedule interviews don’t actually get physical tranfer notices but directly get the interview notice. So my case was just a routine transfer unfortunately. Hope your interview comes soon and keep us updated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X