Eb1a I485 transferred from TSC to NSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ameagle View Post
    I also got my NBC transfer notice today. It says the case was transferred “in order to speed up processing.” I guess then it was just traneferred because TSC was backlogged, not because an interview is nearby. I think from what I gathered, most people whose cases get transferred to NBC specifically to schedule interviews don’t actually get physical tranfer notices but directly get the interview notice. So my case was just a routine transfer unfortunately. Hope your interview comes soon and keep us updated!
    Hi Ameagle,

Did you get biometrics appointment yet? Mine was submitted 6 days later from your dates and no news of biometrics yet. Raised an SR but no luck. Think what other options do we have.

Comment

Originally posted by rajblr80 View Post
      Hi Ameagle,

Did you get biometrics appointment yet? Mine was submitted 6 days later from your dates and no news of biometrics yet. Raised an SR but no luck. Think what other options do we have.
      Hi Raj, not yet . Losing sleep and peace of mind over it. I made an infopass appointment and also raised an SR. The response to the SR merely said that we have asked you to be scheduled but that was also over 5 weeks ago, nothing yet. I am thinking of making another infopass appointment to ask them for an update. One thing that infopass people told me was that sometimes they schedule people for biometrics very late but that is not necessarily tied to case progress. Background checks can already be started. I hope that’s true. Still I am going to go there again. I don’t believe these things. I want my biometrics appointment!

Comment

Hi Ameagle,

Hi Raj, I also tried a walk-in at the biometrics office. The IO there almost took us in for biometrics but said that TSC is very strict about biometrics so may be we should wait. So I would definitely try these two things - make an infopass appointment and just try a walk-in. We almost succeeded but then it didn’t happen although you might. But he told us that there’s no problem with the case, it’s in good standing, so don’t worry.
        Last edited by Ameagle; 02-02-2018, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I also got my NBC transfer notice today. It says the case was transferred “in order to speed up processing.” I guess then it was just traneferred because TSC was backlogged, not because an interview is nearby. I think from what I gathered, most people whose cases get transferred to NBC specifically to schedule interviews don’t actually get physical tranfer notices but directly get the interview notice. So my case was just a routine transfer unfortunately. Hope your interview comes soon and keep us updated!
          Thank you for updating. A quick question- when you called the toll free number, were you able to talk to an officer or is it the just automatic message informed you that the case transferred to NBC?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sudbon View Post
            Thank you for updating. A quick question- when you called the toll free number, were you able to talk to an officer or is it the just automatic message informed you that the case transferred to NBC?

Thanks.
            It was just an automated message.

Comment

It was just an automated message.
              Thank you.

Comment

Hi Raj, not yet . Losing sleep and peace of mind over it. I made an infopass appointment and also raised an SR. The response to the SR merely said that we have asked you to be scheduled but that was also over 5 weeks ago, nothing yet. I am thinking of making another infopass appointment to ask them for an update. One thing that infopass people told me was that sometimes they schedule people for biometrics very late but that is not necessarily tied to case progress. Background checks can already be started. I hope that’s true. Still I am going to go there again. I don’t believe these things. I want my biometrics appointment!
                Hi Ameagle, same here. It's very concerning situation. Yes, I'll try infopass. Another alternative heard is trying through local congressman. You may check once that option too. Please let me know about your progress, I;; inform as well for any updates.

Comment

Hi Ameagle, same here. It's very concerning situation. Yes, I'll try infopass. Another alternative heard is trying through local congressman. You may check once that option too. Please let me know about your progress, I;; inform as well for any updates.
                  Hi Raj, I got my biometrics appointment letter today!!! So I got this letter 5 weeks after I got a response to my SR to give you an idea of the timeline. Hope you get your SR answered soon and get your letter.

Comment

Hi Raj, I got my biometrics appointment letter today!!! So I got this letter 5 weeks after I got a response to my SR to give you an idea of the timeline. Hope you get your SR answered soon and get your letter.
                    Hi Ameagle, Thats really good to hear. Congrats! The next wait is for EAD
                    Keeping my fingers crossed for biometrics and thanks for sharing the timelines. It gives at least some idea.

Comment

Hi Ameagle, Wanted to update I have received the biometric letter too yesterday. Hopefully next steps go smoother from here.

Comment

Hi Ameagle, Wanted to update I have received the biometric letter too yesterday. Hopefully next steps go smoother from here.
                        Great, congrats! Desperately waiting for my EAD now. Let?s keep each other updated!

Comment

Great, congrats! Desperately waiting for my EAD now. Let?s keep each other updated!
                          Sure!

Comment

Sure!
                            Any news on the ead? 99th day today

Comment

I just noticed updates on my case early this week.
                              Feb 26th - case transferred to another office
                              Feb 28th - case was transferred to another office and that office has jurisdiction of your case.

What's strange is when I called the toll free number, it says my case transferred to NSC in Lincoln on Feb 28th. It was in NSC until Feb 26th, then I am not sure why they transferred it back to NSC. I am still waiting for the transfer notices. I took an infopass appointment to clarify where my case is actually. Do they answer such questions at infopass? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sudbon View Post
                                I just noticed updates on my case early this week.
                                Feb 26th - case transferred to another office
                                Feb 28th - case was transferred to another office and that office has jurisdiction of your case.

What's strange is when I called the toll free number, it says my case transferred to NSC in Lincoln on Feb 28th. It was in NSC until Feb 26th, then I am not sure why they transferred it back to NSC. I am still waiting for the transfer notices. I took an infopass appointment to clarify where my case is actually. Do they answer such questions at infopass? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks.
                                That?s very strange! When I went in for an infopass appointment (although it was for my ead), i asked them about the transfer but they just told me I should wait for the notice as these things change and they can?t see anything. That IO was particularly unhelpful though. When my friend went in, they told him that his was transferred to NBC and he never received his notice, so depends on the person you meet there.
                                I hope you receive the notice. Mostly, if you get the “another office...jurisdiction” status update, you do get a notice.
                                Just one thought, may be your case has moved to that next stage where they eventually prepare it for an interview. Not everyone?s case is routed through nbc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X