Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The sponsor's income not enough - ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sponsor's income not enough - ideas?

Hello. I am a green card holder and I submitted an I-485 AOS Form for my wife along with supporting forms and documentation. I'm the only sponsor.

On February 14th, 2017, I received a Request for Initial Evidence (I-485) - "The sponsor's income on Federal income tax return does not meet or exceed 125% (100 %if military) of the poverty guideline".

I started working in the US in 2016. It was my first tax year in the US, and I earned only a fraction, about 1/4 of what I will earn normally in the future. My total income (line 22 on IRS Form 1040) was $12,299 for 2016 tax return. I know that this is not enough, so, because my wife also working (she employed by an overseas company and receive income from outside of US) I added a Form I-864a - Contract between Sponsor and Household Member and listed her income of $26,400. I have also attached a letter from her company stating that she will receive the salary of $26,400 for foreseeable future.

On April 18th, 2017, I received the same letter - Request for Initial Evidence (I-485) - "The sponsor's income on Federal income tax return does not meet or exceed 125% (100 %if military) of the poverty guideline".

What am I doing wrong? What should I change in my next reply?

Did you put your current salary as your current individual income (Part 6 #2)? Did you put your wife's info and current salary as Person 1 (Part 6 #3-5) Did you add both your current salaries to your current household income (Part 6 #15)? Did you attach your recent pay stubs and your wife's recent pay stubs?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X