usc owes taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usc owes taxes

Hello all, will this affect my AOS application if the USC owes taxes? Thank you so much.

Strictly speaking, no. But does your spouse owe taxes, or do you both owe taxes? You are jointly responsible for unpaid taxes with respect to the tax years in which you were married. Make use of IRS's installment payment plan if you don't have the cash or the arrears are in dispute

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Strictly speaking, no. But does your spouse owe taxes, or do you both owe taxes? You are jointly responsible for unpaid taxes with respect to the tax years in which you were married. Make use of IRS's installment payment plan if you don't have the cash or the arrears are in dispute
      We did not file taxes together for 2016 since we filed taxes separately before we got married in April 2017. And me myself does not owe ant taxes for 2016. If we did not file taxes together for 2016, am I still responsible for the his taxes after we got married in 2017? Thank you so much.
      Last edited by shawn1993; 07-21-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

No, your first tax year in which you were married is 2017, with a return due April 17th 2018

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X