Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-485 USCIS having to perform additional reviews??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 USCIS having to perform additional reviews??

I'm going through an employment based I-485. My case was officially filed Aug 2016 at the Nebraska Service Center. The processing date/times and actual was way off. When the site was updated to 'as of January 31, 2017', for I-485, Employment based adjustments, they had July 2, 2017 as cases being processed. It stayed like that until actual June 2017.
    When I called them end of April 2017, they stated they were still working on cases for July 2017 and internally that date is updated quicker than the website. Then in July, the web site updates to 'as of May 31, 2017', for I-485, Employment based adjustments, they have Oct 2, 2017 as cases being processed. What happened to my case????

when I called USCIS for an inquiry, I ended up getting the response below after 30 days:

Type of service requested:
    -- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

------
    My attorney informed me, not to follow those processing dates as they tend to 'stack up' cased until fourth quarter of the federal fiscal year which started at the beginning of July...

Has anyone gone through anything like this or similar?
    I've been in States legally for 15 years, always employed, paid taxes every year, no criminal record, born in Canada, was on various TN's, cleared labor cert, now on a I-512 Advance Parole until Green Card..

thanks,

@guyomatic: did you receive any update on your case after the SR response?

Comment

I am on a similar situation:

Filed for GC for me and my wife, employment-based, on August/2016.

Got EAD on October/2016.

Since then my status says: FINGERPRINT WAS RECEIVED.

I did a case inquiry twice.
      First answer i got was:

"-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience."

And the second answer i got they told me that they have no date to inform me. INDETERMINATE .

so frustrating. it's been 1 year and a half. I had to file for my 2nd EAD card already.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X