Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DACA receipt getting married - Can I apply for green card

Hello,

I will be getting married this month. I am currently a DACA member and I have been for the past 5 years. Before that I over stayed my visa. I was first brought here with my parents with who had H-1B visa. We were inspected at customs and border patrol. However, as I mentioned i over stayed my visa and when DACA became available, I applied for it and i was approved. I have had it since then. I have left the country 3 times since then with advance parole under DACA and was inspected each time entering. Can I apply for my green card? Also can I file I-130, I-485, I-765,I-131 all together? Also can anyone give me list of what documents I will need provide to USCIS?

Any help would be great. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Originally posted by jayjays21 View Post
    hello,

i will be getting married this month. I am currently a daca member and i have been for the past 5 years. Before that i over stayed my visa. I was first brought here with my parents with who had h-1b visa. We were inspected at customs and border patrol. However, as i mentioned i over stayed my visa and when daca became available, i applied for it and i was approved. I have had it since then. I have left the country 3 times since then with advance parole under daca and was inspected each time entering. Can i apply for my green card? Also can i file i-130, i-485, i-765,i-131 all together? Also can anyone give me list of what documents i will need provide to uscis?

Any help would be great. Thank you so much!
    yes, it is best to hold off on medical until well into the process but you can and should file the rest together.

Here is the list for you: Make sure to read instruction for each form.
    Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
    Use this form if you (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or U.S. national and you need to establish your qualifying relationship with an eligible relative (the beneficiary) who wishes to come to or stay in the United States permanently and apply for the Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

Form I-130A Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary
    Use this form if you (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or U.S. national and you need to establish your qualifying relationship with an eligible relative (the beneficiary) who wishes to come to or stay in the United States permanently and apply for the Permanent Resident Card (also called a Green Card).

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
    Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Must be sealed by civil surgeon and you dont need to send it with your original package, you can send it later on or take it to interview with you)
    If you are applying for adjustment status to become a lawful permanent resident, use this form to establish that you are not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support under Section 213A of the INA
    Most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants use this form to show they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to rely on the U.S. government for financial support.

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
    Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document (File this if you are planning to travel during AOS process)
    Use this form to apply for a reentry permit, refugee travel document, TPS travel authorization document, advance parole document (including parole into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit), or advance permission to travel for Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) long-term residents.

Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
    Use this form to request a text message and/or email when USCIS accepts your form.
    Last edited by azblk; 08-02-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
      yes, it is best to hold off on medical until well into the process but you can and should file the rest together.

Here is the list for you: Make sure to read instruction for each form.
      Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Form I-130A Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary

Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
      Use this form to apply for lawful permanent resident status if you are in the United States.

Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Must be sealed by civil surgeon and you dont need to send it with your original package, you can send it later on or take it to interview with you)
      If you are applying for adjustment status to become a lawful permanent resident, use this form to establish that you are not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.

Form I-864 Affidavit of Support under Section 213A of the INA
      Most family-based immigrants and some employment-based immigrants use this form to show they have adequate means of financial support and are not likely to rely on the U.S. government for financial support.

Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization
      Certain aliens noncitizens who are in the United States may file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to request employment authorization and an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Other aliens noncitizens whose immigration status authorizes them to work in the United States without restrictions may also use Form I-765 to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for an EAD that shows such authorization.

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document (File this if you are planning to travel during AOS process)
      Use this form to apply for a reentry permit, refugee travel document, TPS travel authorization document, advance parole document (including parole into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit), or advance permission to travel for Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) long-term residents.

Form G-1145 E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
      https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145

Thank you so much. This is super helpful. Thank you so much. I have been doing a bunch of research and these are the items I found. So, I am glad you were able to verify. However this I-864. Do I have to file this if we both are making an income? We will live together after we get married but we both have our own jobs and can support ourselves and each other in the future?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Thank you so much. This is super helpful. Thank you so much. I have been doing a bunch of research and these are the items I found. So, I am glad you were able to verify. However this I-864. Do I have to file this if we both are making an income? We will live together after we get married but we both have our own jobs and can support ourselves and each other in the future?

Thanks a lot.
        yes, your spouse has to file one for you unless you have forty quarters of social security which is basically working in the US for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
          yes, your spouse has to file one for you unless you have forty quarters of social security which is basically working in the US for 10 years.
          Oh okay. Am I allowed to show in addition that I have a job and it will continue and pay stubs to help the income be higher?

Comment

Oh okay. Am I allowed to show in addition that I have a job and it will continue and pay stubs to help the income be higher?
            Yes but it is only necessary if your spouse doesn't earn enough.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X