Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had i-130 interview, but what about i-485 ? Please helppp!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had i-130 interview, but what about i-485 ? Please helppp!!!!

Hi Friends,

I and my spouse got married in July,2016. We had filed I-130 ( Petition for Alien Relative ) since then and it was approved. Also, we did form I-765 ( Application for Employment Authorization) and form I-485 ( Application to Register Permanent Residence) two months after I-130 was approved. I did the biometrics/ finger printing in September 2016.

Then, in March 14 both of my I-765 and I-485 were declined! We did not even know what was wrong with my applications and why they denied them. So we decided to do everything again as we moved to another states. However, a week after my new application was submitted, a mail from USCIS came and told that we are going to have an initial interview on June 14, 2017.

UPDATED

So I'm here to update on what's going with my case. My interview was on June 14, 2017. The lady who interviewed us said that we were there for the I-130 interview and we still need to apply for the i-485 in order to get the green card ( which was denied on March of 2017 ). The interview did not really went well because I was kinda nervous so some of our answers did not match. However 6 weeks after our case finally got approved !!!! Hooray !!!

But the thing is that I'm actually confused of what to do next. Do I still need to apply for the i-485 ( Again it was denied ) ? Or I won't need to do anything and will eventually get a green card? The notice says that " The petition indicates that the beneficiary is in the U.S and wishes to apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident. He or she should submit a copy of this notice along with a Form I-485..."

What should I do now to get the green card ???

Anyone has had the same situation, please please please help !! I really really appreciate it.

*My case is pretty confusing because I-485 was denied because they made a mistake entering the wrong PLACE OF BIRTH in the system. I made an appeal and got the I-130 interview without ssn/ead."

On what grounds did they deny the I-485?

Comment

Originally posted by valerenguy View Post
      Hi Friends,

I and my spouse got married in July,2016. We had filed I-130 ( Petition for Alien Relative ) since then and it was approved. Also, we did form I-765 ( Application for Employment Authorization) and form I-485 ( Application to Register Permanent Residence) two months after I-130 was approved. I did the biometrics/ finger printing in September 2016.

Then, in March 14 both of my I-765 and I-485 were declined! We did not even know what was wrong with my applications and why they denied them. So we decided to do everything again as we moved to another states. However, a week after my new application was submitted, a mail from USCIS came and told that we are going to have an initial interview on June 14, 2017.

UPDATED

So I'm here to update on what's going with my case. My interview was on June 14, 2017. The lady who interviewed us said that we were there for the I-130 interview and we still need to apply for the i-485 in order to get the green card ( which was denied on March of 2017 ). The interview did not really went well because I was kinda nervous so some of our answers did not match. However 6 weeks after our case finally got approved !!!! Hooray !!!

But the thing is that I'm actually confused of what to do next. Do I still need to apply for the i-485 ( Again it was denied ) ? Or I won't need to do anything and will eventually get a green card? The notice says that " The petition indicates that the beneficiary is in the U.S and wishes to apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident. He or she should submit a copy of this notice along with a Form I-485..."

What should I do now to get the green card ???

Anyone has had the same situation, please please please help !! I really really appreciate it.

*My case is pretty confusing because I-485 was denied because they made a mistake entering the wrong PLACE OF BIRTH in the system. I made an appeal and got the I-130 interview without ssn/ead."
      Do you mean your i-485 and i-765 were rejected and returned to you? what reason was given ? There has to be one. If they have the wrong place of birth in the system get that corrected and then send i-485 and i-765. It seems to me that that mismatch is the source of your problems since the information on i-130 does not march the information on the other forms.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
        Do you mean your i-485 and i-765 were rejected and returned to you? what reason was given ? There has to be one. If they have the wrong place of birth in the system get that corrected and then send i-485 and i-765. It seems to me that that mismatch is the source of your problems since the information on i-130 does not march the information on the other forms.
        USCIS denied both of my i-485 and i-765 on the same day. And the thing is that they put the wrong PLACE OF BIRTH in the system. Instead of Korea, they put in THE UNITED STATES on my I-130 notice ( which I guess they would wonder why I applied for Adjustment of status and Employment Authorization since I'm an AMERICAN already then denial was the consequence o_o) . It was my mistake i didn't notice it until they denied my i485 and i765. Also when the lady that interviewed us asked me " Where were you born ?", I noticed facial expression was kinda confused when I answer KOREA instead of THE US like what was in the form I-130. So I guess maybe she corrected it for me at the interview already.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          On what grounds did they deny the I-485?
          I believed it was because USCIS listed my PLACE OF BIRTH incorrectly

Comment

Originally posted by valerenguy View Post
            I believed it was because USCIS listed my PLACE OF BIRTH incorrectly
            What exactly does the denial notice say?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X