I864 and i864A help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I864 and i864A help please

Hey everyone! Here is my situation: I'm getting ready to file the forms as I married my wife (us citizen) a few months ago in the states. Last year she made just a little bit under the poverty guidelines and this year will probably make a little less due to change in occupations. I'm using my distant relative as a joint sponsor, he makes around 60000 dollars salary and another 20000 a year social security benefits which is more than enough to sponsor me. He filed his 1040 tax returns together with his wife for many years now. His wife is retired and has social security benefits of 10000 dollars a year. Imy wife is filling out her I864 and my relative is filling out his i864, and my relative will fill out i864a with his wife and sign together. I have the following questions:

1) Part 6 question 2 on I864 form asks for Current Individual income; Is that how much the sponsor is expected to make this year? If so do I need to provide copy of my relatives pay stubs for this year or does his w2 and 1040 (filled jointly with his wife) for the past 3 years is enough? How do I calculate his Current individual income by using last 3 years w2's?

2) part 6 questions 19a-19c in I864 form and and part4 questions 2a-2b on form I864A both ask for Total Income as reported on Federal income tax return. Should I copy the line 22 from 1040 forms to these questions? Again they're filing taxes together every year so I wasn't sure if those questions need to show separate income or whatever says on 1040 form even though its joint taxes?

3) As I mentioned my wife changed occupations this year and her salary went down from last occupation, she made a little less than the poverty guidelines last year and this year will make even less. Since I have a joint sponsor that makes more than enough to cover me and his household member (wife), do I still need to provide pay stubs from my wife for this year or letter from my wife's employer? Or is it not necessary since she's not gonna make enough anyway and that's why we have a joint sponsor? Is it enough to just provide my wife's last 3 year tax transcript?

4) on I 864A Part 3 question 2 it asks for the household member Current Individual Annual Income. So my relatives wife who is retired receives about 10000 dollars a year social security benefits and my relative gets 20000 dollars ruffly in social security benefits yearly. On their 1040 forms, their social security benefits is shown as Combined amount on 20a on the 1040 form and that amount is taxed 15% and the amount after the tax is written in 20b of 1040 form. How do I write my relatives wife Current Individual Income in I864A? I have a letter saying how much she will get every month of this year. Should I just take that amount and multiply it by 12? Should I didact 15 percent from that and than write it as Current Individual Income?

5) How do I calculate and write my wife's Current Individual Income if she changed occupations during the year and on her current job she works shifts so the pay changes sometimes significantly from every to weeks she gets paid. How important is the accuracy of that on I864 if the amount that will be written is lower than the poverty guidelines and for that we have a joint sponsor that makes enough on his own?

Thank you very much in advanced for your responses, I'm looking forward to read them!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X