Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed i-407 in 2015 - Reapplying for GC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filed i-407 in 2015 - Reapplying for GC?

Hello everyone,

First-off... i apologize for the long story, but I really need to paint a clear picture to get some help with this.....

in 2010, A petition my uncle (US Citizen) filed for my father was approved, and me (his nephew) - along with my mother and sister went through the Green card process and went to America. However, I was the only one who truly intended to live in the United States. To this day, they have all been going back and forth to the USA about 2-3 times a year, and have managed to maintain their status without any issues with DHS at the Airports.

As for Me- when we migrated in 2010 - i stayed in the USA and attempted to start a life looking at colleges, jobs etc. However, in late 2010 i got very ill and needed to return to my home country for medical care. Due to my condition, my parents were unwilling to send me back to live in the USA with my uncle, and he also was concerned about me, and thought it was best i stayed in my home country - where medical care was free to citizens (and to be with my parents).

Unfortunately, i also ended up in the cycle of going back to the USA 2-3 times a year... just to "maintain status". Which i hated, because i genuinely wanted to live in the USA.

in 2013 - i was offered in job to work for the Government of my country. I also started school here and in 2015 i decided to stop the cycle of visiting America 2-3 times a year, just to "maintain status". So i lawfully abandoned my Green Card at the US Embassy in my country, and I was granted a Tourist Visa (valid for 10 years). The main reason I did this was because it was the right thing to do, and i respect the laws of the USA in terms of abandonment, etc.

However, in 2017 I have now finished my studies and would like to go back to America to work and live once again, and I am considering having my father file Form i-130 and to petition for me - as a valid green card holder.

My only problem is... he has never actually worked in the USA, and has filed no tax returns for the affidavit of support. my mother and sister also have never worked there. My uncle is willing to file the affidavit of support (as joint sponsor), however, my father has been working in my home country while being a green card holder, and only a few months ago, he retired.

I am really confused and concerned that i may never get to return to the USA as a green card holder, to work hard, pay taxes and start a family.

Can anyone give me advice about what i can do in this situation?

Thank you in advance to anyone who offers advice.....
    Cheers

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X