Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does RIE affect Advance Parole timeline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does RIE affect Advance Parole timeline?

Does anyone know whether a request for initial evidence relating to my I-485 application affects the 90 day timeline for the Advance Parole application?

Originally posted by gradapplicant View Post
    Does anyone know whether a request for initial evidence relating to my I-485 application affects the 90 day timeline for the Advance Parole application?
    From my understanding, I believe it does. Once USCIS receives the RFIE, that's your new PD date. In regards to I-131, I think it does affect it since I-131 comes with I-765 as a combo or it comes after. But I might be wrong.
    Forms sent 6/2
    Forms received 6/4
    Received texts/e-mails 6/6
    PD 6/5 & 6/6
    NOA between 6/8 and 6/12 (I was out of town)
    Biometrics letter in mail 6/17 w/ 6/28 date
    SR 9/2
    Contacted Congressman 10/1
    Called the Congressman's office 10/10
    Interview letter 10/10
    Approval Letters for I-765 and I-131 10/16
    Received EAD/AP card 10/17
    Interview 11/8 RFE after
    New Card Being Produced 11/16
    Conditional GC received 11/24

Comment

In general, yes they can't process your advance parole application until they have all the information needed to begin processing your adjustment application

Comment

Yes. Reset your clock to the day they received your response.

Yes it does. I called to rise an SR and the officer told me to reset my clock to the day that USCIS received your response. Start counting from that day as the 90 day timeline.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I received a yellow letter today, dated Sept 6, which is when they said they sent the request for initial evidence. However this form just says it is a notice that I will have to submit the I-693 medical form at a later time/ bring it to the interview.

Is this the request for initial evidence, or am I still waiting for it? The notice on My Case Status says they won't work on my case until they receive the evidence - that is why I am thinking perhaps this letter is not it.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! I received a yellow letter today, dated Sept 6, which is when they said they sent the request for initial evidence. However this form just says it is a notice that I will have to submit the I-693 medical form at a later time/ bring it to the interview.

Is this the request for initial evidence, or am I still waiting for it? The notice on My Case Status says they won't work on my case until they receive the evidence - that is why I am thinking perhaps this letter is not it.
            Can you share your experience with this situation if that was the initial evidence request

Comment

Originally posted by Queensarita View Post

Can you share your experience with this situation if that was the initial evidence request
              gradapplicant is no longer active in the forum. I hope someone else have some information. Waiting for an RFE letter is the worst.
              Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
              Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
              Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
              ---
              All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Queensarita View Post

Originally posted by Enub4 View Post

gradapplicant is no longer active in the forum. I hope someone else have some information. Waiting for an RFE letter is the worst.
                Cannot say for others, but it did not slow my timeline. My signature is gone from my profile but from what I remember, they mailed me RFIE maybe 2 weeks from my PD (July 13). It did say that they won't work on our case until they receive the response and requested documents. We responded within 4-5 days of getting the RFIE letter in hand. They got it within 4-5 days and by 9-10th day, they said that they received our RFIE response. After that though, they went mum for a long time and I had feared that the case got pushed to the bottom of the pile. I even got scared and thought out a lot of negative 'what if' scenarios. Then near the end of November, they said EAD was approved and got my card first week of December. Fast forward a few months, they have scheduled our interview and we are waiting for the letter.

In summary, while it sucks to get RFE/RFIE, waiting for the letter, and hoping they don't want anything extra again.... it will be okay, you guys. Majority of people get these for insufficient documents (mine was I-864 related), missing a notary sign, translation errors, etc. Make sure you send them everything they ask AND THEN SOME. Showing more evidence is not a bad thing. You'll find out soon enough, and it will be fine.
                2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
                07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
                07-17: Checks cashed
                07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
                07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
                07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
                08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
                08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
                10-04: AP approved
                11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                11-29: EAD approved

Comment

really ?? reset me clock to the day they receiver my response? so it affects i 485 processing time as well ?
                  hopefuly not

Comment

Originally posted by afranio View Post
                    really ?? reset me clock to the day they receiver my response? so it affects i 485 processing time as well ?
                    hopefuly not
                    According to USCIS, they pause processing your entire application and all connected applications when they send out the RFIE. That means, if you applied for an I-130, I-131, I-485, and I-765 concurrently, and you receive an RFIE on your I-485, all other applications are put on hold as well and the clock gets reset the day that USCIS receives the additional information. From that day, the processing time starts over.

Now that's the official version. I have heard from other people that an RFIE did not affect their processing time for other applications, or that it only gradually slowed down their processing time. If you're checking some of the online trackers, you'll see that some people received their I-765 only 2-3 months after they submitted their RFIE.

Of course, for other people, it apparently significantly delayed their processing times.
                    1/10/2019: Filed AOS (NBC, marriage-based)
                    1/24/2019: USCIS sent Request for Initial Evidence.
                    1/31/2019: Biometrics appointment.
                    2/1/2019: Fingerprint review completed.
                    3/15/2019: Request for Initial Evidence returned to USCIS.
                    4/18/2019: USCIS sent Courtesy Letter.
                    4/23/2019: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
                    6/11/2019: Filed EAD expedited processing request through Congressman.
                    6/26/2019: EAD in production.

Comment

I dont think so, i received a RFIE for i 485 and i just got my ead/ap approved today and my interview scheduled a week ago. They just pause the case until they receive and review the evidence, so yes it will delay a bit but not restart the clock

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X